[WIP] The Abysmer Empire Needs You!

IkeCoast

MISSION STATUS REPORT

I'm trying to update Version 2a to use Movomo and Jukacc's Seamless thingies. And I have been stuck with constant CTDs for hours when testing the male Abysmer.

This has ended with me finding a serious bug in the Alpha version... and realizing that NOBODY is using the male Underwear version, because the lowerbody.nif with the underpants is completely messed up. Since nobody mentioned it yet, I think I'm not the only one that prefers his males going commando, am I? *winks winks*

Now that I have discovered this bug and fixed it, let's update the female versions. Wish me luck.

Cheers!

MISSION STATUS REPORT - UPDATE

Phew

phew.jpg

Yes, phew.

Finally I have managed to fix all the meshes and textures taken from the Seamless Series and built working prototypes without more CTDs.

The good news: the Seamless things work incredibly fine for males:

shrbrz.jpg

The bad news: but not so fine for females. Capucine's Aquamer textures are an incredible work of art and its colormap texture seams are barely noticeable with the "old meshes", and practically disappear when used with the proper Seamless meshes (both Roberts, for Males and Females). HOWEVER:

For the Default females I was using Aridale's B-Cup version of RFB, and there is no Seamless mesh for this version. I have tested all the variants I have and the one that best results show is Rebel O'Conner's Athletic B-Cup version. Neither it has a Seamless version, so the neck seam is greatly diminished but still present.

Moreover, Capucine's conversion of her RFB texture to HGEC is less perfectly aligned as the original (she already warned me about that beforehand), so the seams in the HGEC version, despite having a Seamless body mesh, is virtually the same as in the RFB. Have a look:

shhgec.jpg

In all cases, the head mesh is Junkacc's Seamless Head Nuska's Edition (Dark Elf for males and Wood Elf for females).

Movomo and Junkacc also are working on the Seam Mender, a tool that will allow us modders to de-seamify our meshes, so when I have the equipment and the time required, will create our own Abysmer Seamless bodies for our females.

Despite all this, the improvement in the neck and body seams is impressive even for the females.

Now I need to figure which version of the meshes, with or without bouncing buoys, have I used when mash-uping the prototypes. I need to make the correct patches for both bouncing and non-bouncing anti-submersion devices.

A reminder, the seamless bodies require Growlf's Universal Skeleton (the Controlable one), so if you plan on using the Abysmer -mostly- Seamless Edition, go grab it.

Cheers!

I've had mixed success using the Seam Mender for PyFFI Standalone that Movomo released on the SetBody Reloaded Blockhead Edition optional files section. Some of my body meshes (that aren't included with SetBody Reloaded) don't seem to seam mend while others do (maybe there isn't anything to mend on those that don't work ... don't know for sure).

If I can figure out how to use it Ike it'll be a walk in the park for you.

Thank you, matey!

Junkacc has already asked if I could work on the remaining RobFem versions conversion and since I had taken the decision before posting at his thread, I have agreed.

Perhaps my current laptop can manage top run the software. We will see.

Now I go to bed. Pretty nearly comatose now.

Cheers!

PD: did you catch the Alan Rickman tea reference?

Affirmative ... did you see my edit?

- Edit - I think the beta test project I was on is nearing release, so I'll put your alpha in the on deck position. Sleep good but sleep fast buddy, the Empire needs you.

Edited by Striker879

MISSION STATUS REPORT - UPDATE

RELEASE CANDIDATE RELEASED

thelatedreth.jpg

And somebody is not quite happy with that.

You know where to go to get it!

lethalabysmer2.jpg

Cheers!

Actually, Dorma hasn't the faintest idea of what that suface thing told her. She did not pay attention.

That surface thing dared to speak to her.

That sufficed.

Cheers!

PD: My goodness, SInblood's clothes look... WHOW on her.

PD2: And yes, she gave exactly the same treatment to anything she met during her short trip to the Imperial Isle. Now she is staring at the Door to the Imperial City, pondering if going to the Outpost before or after she tourists the city.

Forget the Dagon gang ... there's an even bigger threat on the doorstep!!

Coffee's kickin' in ... I'll get to work shortly.

- Edit - You aren't in danger of becoming one of those trashy HGEC types are you?? Thought Robert rocked your world.

Edited by Striker879