How do I get my mods to show in the mod manager?

sweettartsloveryo

Ok so, for some reason I can only get the Shivering Isles to load by using the Nexus Mod Manager. Problem is, I made a few mods for myself a while back but they don't load when i'm using the Manager.

Their esps don't show up in the Oblivion folders but are present in the 'data files' on the Oblivion start-up so they've always worked before. But they don't show up in the manager.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to fix this because i've been trying for hours and it's really frustrating. :wallbash:

This looks like more a Nexus Mod Manager issue than a mods issue.

Do you can activate your mods via the Data Files menu from Oblivion Launcher, and do they work fine as intended?

If yes, that's definitely a problem with NMM. Try to load them with OBMM or Wrye Bash. If they show up properly with these two managers, then visit the NMM troubleshooting thread.

Cheers!

Then you installed OBMM and Wrye Bash in the wrong places. There's no way your mods show in the Data Files and work alright, but OBMM and Wrye Bash can't see them, if both are correctly installed.

Where did you install OBMM and WB? Both must be pointed to the main Oblivion folder.

Cheers!

After messing with it for a bit I got the mods to show up on the Nexus Mod Manager but the Shivering Isles still won't start. None of my mods conflict with it, i've tried waiting 24 hours, looking for the island and listening to rumors. I had no problem with any of the other dlcs starting. It's 2nd in the load order but it just seems like it's refusing to work.

Did you update the base non-SI game to version 1.2.0416 before installing SI? I don't know how the Steam version of the game handles this, but with the disk version if you use the official patch to update the game to version 1.2.0416 before you install SI you need to completely uninstall before you can install SI.

Striker, the Steam version of the game, Shivering Isles or not, already comes patched to version 1.2.0416.

Sweets, there's something terribly wrong with your game installation. The behaviour you describe is in no way normal. And most likely you have worsened it by "messing around":

Please, tell us the installation paths for your game and your utilities (OBMM, WB, NMM), and the methods you used to install everything and the "messing around" you did.

But I am reasonably sure you will find yourself forced, like it or not, to uninstall and reinstall everything from scratch. And by "unistall" I don't mean "deleting files"; I mean AN ACTUAL UNINSTALLATION, using the game and / or Steam uninstallers, then making a cleaning of your hard drive and your Registry, and defragmenting your drive, and all the thing. Look at Bben46's Reinstall Procedure How-To.

I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do further to save your current installation. It fought bravely but it's time to put it to rest. We will always remember it. It was a brave installation. Rest in Peace.

Cheers!

I had just corrected the installation paths. But I think i'm going to just follow your advice and totally uninstall. A true pity, but things were getting messy anyway.

I thank you for your help, a valiant effort but our mission has ended in failure. This installation shall receive an honorable burial and a place in the hall of heroes. Rest in peace my dear installation.