CoD Black Ops

MonsterHunterMaster

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to enlighten you then:

There are some genuine engine changes taking place for Black Ops.

Some pretty noticeable gameplay changes too-the setting is further back in history so some of the more technological gimickery like laser siting will be less seen.

Furthermore the weapon selection will likely be diferent aswell-the FNL SCAR being a relatively recent developement, as are many other weapons taken for granted by COD players.

As for you Urbex, and the rest of you, grow up.

If you do not like Call Of Duty, then go somewhere else.

This thread of for the discussion of COD Black Ops, if you do not like that game, then leave amd take your rants with you. It is neither your place, or your right to badmouth other people's choice of games, if you do not like what somebody else plays, so be it, be a man and let them be.

Because it's hardly the only rehash on the market. Fallout New Vegas and Mass Effect 2 are both reskinned 2007/2008 games aswell, and they too make millions because lets face it, some people really enjoy particular games and will happily buy a sequal. What's more, if it isnt broken, why waste millions fixing it?

Why do you guys pay for a reskin of a 2007 game every year?

At least treyarch got rid of quickskoping, funny to see all of the kids complaining.

Black Ops definitely looks like more of the same, and there will always be people who like the same and some who won't.

That's why. There are some obvious changes, but yes, most of the game remains the same.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Aye.

Proven formula: if you cut away the annoying kiddies, the cheating, and the bad language, you'd have a very very enoyable multiplayer FPS. So why bother ruining it?

And secondly, it's got some interesting new tech on show. Motion Capture has been around for a while, but this will be the gaming debut of Full-Facial MoCap-I've seen a few movies with this nifty gadget in use and trust me, it works.

Secondly, isnt Fallout New Vegas guilty of the same sin? it's basicaly FO3 at heart, with a few new features, some new baddies, and a new "plot". But you wouldnt say it was a mindless rehash.

Likewise Mass Effect, and pretty much every driving game ever too, And Team Fortress 2, and HAWX-2, and so many other really great games.

It's a little something called a sequal. You take a good game and make another, slightly diferent version. It makes megabucks and keeps fans very happy.

I myself will be buying this-I'm unashamedly a COD fan, as I am an ARMA, BFBC, GOW and Halo fan. It's gonna be an excellent multiplayer FPS, and a lot of people are going to play it. And while it will likely be colonised by kiddies, I dont doubt I'll have atleast five minutes of great fun with it before I ragequit. And since it's about $80 AUD, that's not bad value.

I got it today.

And I'm shocked.

I can play cod6 on highsettings at 1280x720 without lags.

I can't play Black Ops on lowest settings on 800x600(!!!). It lags too much.

Two things can help with that. 1) disable steam community in-game, and 2) open up task manager when black ops is running, set the process to High priority, and steam.exe to low.

Whoa bloody hell.

My current PC is a bit of a Frankenstein. It's a really strange, quirky setup that seems to run through luck as much as good design on my part, but it's got a megaton of power.

But I honestly cannot beleive how much Steam makes this game lag. And it's just Steam too. The game runs fine when I kick Steam down to minimum priority, but with it, it's unreliable-my brute's version of laggy.

Damn you Valve, is this your marketing stratergy now? sabotage other studio's games by making your pathetic Steam system prevent them from running? Basterges.

Im not getting black ops till the end of the month :(

Im really annoyed, cause every time I go onto my friends list on xbox then everyones playing it. Iv not played it once cause my brother refuses to give me a shot. But as far as I can see it looks brilliant. :)

Im really annoyed, cause every time I go onto my friends list on xbox then everyones playing it.

It's an amazing recipe for money, this online multiplayer thing.

It's not nearly as fun unless my FRIENDS have it too. Happened with my brother with Red Dead Redemption when all his friends got the game. A week and a half later, they don't care any more, and thus, he doesn't care anymore. Downloadable content too. Or, I can't enjoy a new map pack for CoD5 zombies unless my FRIENDS have them too.

However, if you plan to get it...I advise just getting it now. Modern Warfare 2 is still around fifty bucks, but it'll probably go down a bit as Black Ops continues to roll in. Black Op's price tag will probably persist for a while like its cousin, too.

It looks interesting, the better character customization especially, but I don't think I'm gonna get it.

My friend, who seems to think that every game besides CoD is crap, has made me lose most of my interest in CoD. It's boring to watch him play it, it's boring to listen him talk about it and it's boring to listen how bad I am at it while I'm playing.

They all seem pretty much the same to me anyway.