Roleplaying

MrLamar

RP just comes natural to me. When i was a kid, i always went into the woods behind my house with a stick (Pretending its a gun) and would imagine myself being in a war.

Roleplaying is actually the whole reason i bought New Vegas on PC instead of the 360; I wasn't satisfied with my roleplaying restrictions on the Xbox, and i knew that mods would be a great way to make the game perfect :)

Right now im just waiting for an increased enemies/on-demand spawn mod comes along. Is there already one out?

I roleplay of course! The whole highlight of Fo3 and NV is to roleplay, the game is so much more deep if you do...for example you make up your own story, you get inspired to write, you seek the equipment you think would fit your character. THAT is my favourite part of the 3D Fallout games.

since this time they let you set the age of your character I made a decrepit old man with a strength and endurance of 1 ...He RPs like Charles Bronson in the last Death wish movie... now if I could only find a mod that lets me use a walker

LOL, love that walker! I love playing old coots-come-down-from-the-mountains. :biggrin:

Well since it is an RPG, yes, I do.

lol

I do sometimes, but its never a definite kind of RP. Its always somthing stupid like how would I (in that situation) react. Iv always enjoyed RPGs for that reason, I place myself in that situation and do what Id actually do in real life. im still doing my first play though, 82 hours in. I made three characters before I finally decided to move on, so about 15 of those hours are bulls***. On my next play through, I think I may take some serious consideration into how my character will be, as far as personality, I kinda want to be a evil character. since i havnt really dont anything bad except steal a few things here and there... I just want to be a bad ass mofo and be like.... " I like that hat... and that gun.... Think Ill take it from you.... *BLAOW!*" to the dome peice. whats yours is mine and whats mine sure as hell aint yours. :) probably gonna play a evil bandito kinda thing next time round. or just a eveil cowboy/girl if you prefer.

I always try to RP my characters, right now i have 3 characters on the go.

1. Male Scavenger, just does what he can to survive. Playing Hardcore on Very Hard mode, (Very) Slowly working on main quest...trust me when i say i ...die a lot! if im not carefull :pinch:

2. Female "Shojo" Thief, taking what she wants when she wants....when no one is looking :laugh: Scaving for supplies to sell to make ends meet. Ignoring main quest but workin with other factions if it helps her. Her favorite weapon is her trusty Straight Razor :devil:

3. Male Gambler/Junkie, spends all his time gambling and doing drugs, drinking, most of his starting points went into Luck so he tends to win a lot more than lose when gambling :tongue: does not travel far from the Strip...ignoring main quest but working for most of the groups in or around the strip. This guy is really fun to play as i need to keep gambling to make creds to buy drugs and booze and i need to keep taking drugs and booze or i go through withdraw... ;D

I love to roleplay. I often find myself, when the dialogue warrants it, turning to Boone and physically (i.e. I myself) shrugging at him! One is a little restricted by the dialogue options given ... unlike an MMORPG where one is conversing with another player ... but there are few games around which allow virtually freeform improvisational theatre style play. I played Neverwinter Nights for years, where on the RP modules this style was the norm ... and had a lot of fun, especially with my favourite character, a blind bard, who stood on street corners and sang songs (which I wrote myself) - and even progressed to head of a bards' guild, with its own little theatre, and directed concerts for the other PCs to attend. But enough nostalgia....

I Kind of roleplay, I think my first build is a social outcast Courier, treated like crap by most, and by the time he got shot in the head there wasn't much anyone can say to sway him onto humanities side, he's sided with Mr. House, but mainly to crush humanity as cruelly as possible, he's still hoping to get a chance to destroy Mr. House in the end and become scourge of the Wasteland, the guys a smartass and the Couriers doing all the legwork *Loads Carbine, and pats Annabelle*. He'd love to blow the strip and what's left of Vegas to hell once this is all said and done.

Not to say he hasn't helped folk along the way, but to be friendly, or as a means to an end... It's hard to tell.

Too much broken and lost now to look back, seeking death in every fight, and always grins at a good brawl against a pack of deathclaws.

I just find it hard to stay in the mentality, think I should start a few different saves for different characters, expand my options :)

Way i see it,anyone not Rping is losing out. Imagination can make a game so much more interesting. My first start out, The character i created continued the role of my FO3 character. Since I'm into modding the game,i also tweaked the wasteland a bit so it would resemble my characters achievements and reputation. I also added a storyline with small quest. It just really gets to me that i can't continue to play after i beat the game!!.. ( i just beat the game for the first time about a half hour ago)...OH!..but how there is so much more modding to do...

I agree, I have two RP stories going, One is for Mr. House and other currently is for NCR, though I did ignore some storyline parts and made up my own. :P

1st RP: My character is a cyborg discover and activated (with some reprogramming(?) to help him search for his disk only the programming get screw up after shot in the head.

2nd RP: A granddaughter to Desert Ranger, she also a half-breed to near human mutate society. Who want follow into her grandfather steps but discover the requirement and red tape, and decides to become a Merc/prospector.

I wonder if the developers going have DLC expansion after the hoover dam like in FO3

Yes I do.

My char is this cute chick with a bad ass attitude.

shes a theif, a killer and a charmer.

I dump strength and end for charisma, luck and agility.

she starts the game with 10 charisma and very high luck and agility. (small frame for agil 9)

i go for stealth perks and speech, barter, guns and stealth skills.

she is useless in melee, but so far i havent found myself in a proper melee situation, she will take you down with her 9mm pistol though.

but mostly youll never see her coming. :biggrin:

she is the type that talks before shooting, her high char and speech skill makes people say everything.

but she is always looking out only for herself, and will put a bullet in youre head if you piss her off in the slightest.

and shes not afraid to do dirty work if it pays good enough caps.

also i like playing with low armour to make her even more useless in close combat.

i figure a girl with 2 strength and small frame would stay out of melee at any cost.

so shes wearing the merc charmer outfit. (i love the socks and boots on that armour.)

she likes beeing bad, so dealing with those pussy ncr is not her style, if its not lots of caps involved. lol