Favourite questlines

Lehcar

So what are epically your favourite quest lines in Oblivion??

Obviously I adore the DB questline. Not just because being evil is cool, there's certainly that, but it's also largely because the Dark Brotherhood quests are epically the most fun in the whole game. I don't know why, but they just... are! I think the writers put a lot of thought and care into the quests. They're soo awesome. <3

I also think the Mages Guild questline is pretty good. It starts out slow, because at the beginning it's really boring where you have to literally run all over Cyrodiil doing mundane personal favors for the different guildhall leaders. But then once you get past that it gets better... massacring Necromancers is fun. :turned:

I also think the main quest isn't too bad. A lot of people don't like it, just because it's the main quest, but I don't think it's so bad.

The 15 different Daedric quests are pretty fun too. The thing is the rewards are so cool, when I come to the main storyline quest where you have to give one up, I have a really hard time choosing which one to give...

The Thieves Guild quest are alright, not terribly good but not that bad either. Most of them I didn't find very fun, like "Taking Care of Lex" (I always kill him after the quest is finished). Probably the one I hated the most though was the last one, where you have to go through that massive, mundane and annoying dungeon crawl just to get into the imperial palace, even though it's 100x easier and faster to just sneak past the guards around the front door.

I gotta give that - the DB quest rocks

I also enjoyed the Shivering Isles questline

For single quests I like the "Shadow over Hackdirt"

You get Dar-Ma forced on you when you enter Chorrol, but you don't mind as she's excessively sweet. You RP it right, how couldyou not try to helprescue her?.

I liked the DB questline until you had to do the purification...

I really wish the quests would have went on and you would have met Lucien in his fort a different way... The quest line for db got pretty stupid when you had to kill a bunch of people who where in the black hand, like seriously, how is the DB even running if a newly escaped prisoner can destroy the leadership?

I'd have to say shadow over Hackdirt was my favorite one too - and don't hit me, but I like the Kights of the White Stallion quest. It's short and all, but I liked Mazoga XD

- and don't hit me, but I like the Kights of the White Stallion quest. It's short and all, but I liked Mazoga XD

That was actually a darn good quest. It wasn't handed to you, it was pretty interesting, and afterward you can keep collecting bows with Mazoga. What's not to love?

I liked the Order of the Virtuous Blood quest a bit... it was fun taking the "vampire hunter" role. The quest, while having a cliche plot twist, was fun and it's one of the most lucrative quests in the game, since you get a good chunk of gold for every bit of Vampire Dust you bring back.

i'd have to go with DB questline. it wasn't like Morrowind's Morag Tong (kill this person and come back because i said so), but had more of an in-depth story line and specific ways to kill the person. i liked sneaking through the imperial city prison, getting out and in without being seen made me feel accomplished.

second, shivering isles questline, sheogorath was an awesome character and the questline was pretty good, even though it seemed like most of the questline was looking through caves for ingredients. either way, it was well worth the trouble of scrabbling around to find the patch and stop the reference bug until i realized i had the GOTY edition and it came with the patch. xD

nothing else held much interest for me, and on the subject of order of the virtuous blood, it sounded cool until i got recruited in the temple district while 100% vampire, bright red, and emitting smoke. :/

AI...makes you wonder.

-mexico

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite questline is the arena battles. Not much of a story, but nothing like the epic clash between warriors for survival. SI held my interest while actually speaking with Sheogorath because he's hilarious but the main questline is rather boring. I do like his shrine quest though. I like the Hackdirt quest too because I'm a huge Lovecraft fan. Edited by majikmonkee

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here, I really love the Dark Brotherhood quest line the most. The objectives are interesting, and the sometimes unorthodox method of assassination was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the main Shivering Isles quest line, certainly more so than the Oblivion crisis of the mainland.

My favorite individual quest would be Whodunnit of the Dark Brotherhood. I also like the Knights of the White Stallion quest that was mentioned earlier, with honorable mentions going toward the Knights of the Nine quest.

The Dark Brotherhood quests are definitely the most fun; so much variety, plus I love being stealthy whenever I can. Fits my style well.

Otherwise, I'd have to say that just the random little side quests the average Joe sends you out to do are pretty fun as well; one of my favorites was the one where you had to collect the frozen tears. It actually gave you a challenge and an environmental danger: the cold. Not something you see too often in Oblivion.

Also, Through a Nightmare, Darkly was pretty fun. Again, puzzles and idiot-proof traps aren't too common in Cyrodiil. Really makes you think about how alert you are when you get crushed by that big ol' rockfall or get shot in the face by the arrow traps.

Edited by TheSwedishPancake