White Screen at Solas Revelation/Finding Skyhold

naomis8329

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In actual fact a clean merge isn't required at all

Simply move your mod patch, the "Patch_ModManagerMerge" Folder, outside of the "Update" folder, I move it outside the game folder, to be sure it's not involved.

Load the save in vanilla, if it won't load. and claims the save is for newer game version, you need to edit the "package.mft" file in the vanilla patch folder, using a text editor, like notepad, by changing version from 12 to 13, or whatever version is in your mod patches equivalent file.

Vanilla File is in "Patch" Folder

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 12

Modded File is in "Patch_ModManagerMerge" Folder

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 13
ModManager v0.59 alpha

The clean merge instructions are for the old merging method, when Vanilla patch was merged with the mods. Now they are always kept seperated, so simply moving the mod folder while getting past this issue is enough, unless the "package.mft" file version needs changing temporarily.

Indeed anything that requires a temp Vanilla install, like Character creation using Black Emporium's Mirror, can be done using this simpler method.

Yessss!!!!! With this guidance I finally reached Skyhold in the first attempt!

Thousand thanks to UhuruNuru and all the others here, who have lead to this solution :thumbsup:

As I understood, NO graphic concern (hardware, drivers, game adjustment) causes this issue but SOME mods.

So further I tried to find mods which can still be used (for better screenshots in the following cut scene :laugh: ).

Finally I ended with:

-Official Patch

-PJ Dark Faye

-EF Ponytail (kadust)

-Eyebrows 4 Women

Maybe there are more mods working, but I was satisfied.

By the way: it´s a pity, that this issue spoiled the very best cutscene (= a dawn will come) I´ve ever seen in a RPG since Lelianas song in DAO :mad:

• 5 weeks later...

Yessss!!!!! With this guidance I finally reached Skyhold in the first attempt!

Thousand thanks to UhuruNuru and all the others here, who have lead to this solution :thumbsup:

As I understood, NO graphic concern (hardware, drivers, game adjustment) causes this issue but SOME mods.

So further I tried to find mods which can still be used (for better screenshots in the following cut scene :laugh: ).

Finally I ended with:

-Official Patch

-PJ Dark Faye

-EF Ponytail (kadust)

-Eyebrows 4 Women

Maybe there are more mods working, but I was satisfied.

By the way: it´s a pity, that this issue spoiled the very best cutscene (= a dawn will come) I´ve ever seen in a RPG since Lelianas song in DAO :mad:

Doesn't appear to be specific mods, as much as amount, or size of the total mods used, from what I've read, and seen.

Most users just find this workaround, and get past the issue.

However, how does it spoil the Dawn Will Come section?

You can use mods on that part to get fuly modded screenshots.

You must repeat it without mods, but you can get those screenshots first.

It only affects the finding Skyhold, and becoming Inqquisitor section, after the "word" with Solas.

• 2 months later...

So, now it's my turn to finally join this topic.

I have literally tried everything suggested in here and nothing works, and whats worst about this problem is.

I Am NOT Using Mods at all <.<

Tried the merging anyways, but to no avail.

Tried:

Chaning window size

Low settings overall (even though I run SLI 980s)

Disabled SLI

Repairing the game(which didn't help at all, couldn't even find the Patch folder I deleted on purpose)

Changing the version of Patch to Merge (13 or higher 20)

Tried removing patch and replacing with Merge one (renamed to Patch ofc)

Disabling Origin Overlay for ingame.

Nothing works at all >.< I didn't have this problem 2 years ago when I played the game for the first time, neither did I have a problem with Black Emporium freezing my game either.

What did BioWare do to mess up the game this bad over the past few years/Months?

*Heavy sigh*

Anyone got anything?

Don't feel like updating my Graphics drivers after multiple people confirmed that company nor drivers is the issue.

(Not to mention that since the release of DAI a few years ago, I have updated my drivers frequently,

only not so much the past 3-4 months since it seems that my GeForce Experience deleted it self while trying to update itself

but after hitting a C++ error, stopped the update).

Edited by noneskillz

I thought I should give an update since it now works after 10 hours of trying to fix it.

The Problem:

So my game was initially installed on my 1TB HDD, very slow loading and start of the game, so I did as my brother and copy pasted the game folder to one of my SSDs.

Naturally, I made a Origin Games folder there, I even changed the Origin game-install path to the new location on the SSD.

It worked, game started faster, loading took less time and there didnt' seem to be a problem.

Now forward from lv 1 to lv 12 where I'm hearing the Sing-Along song right before Skyhold

(In Your Heart Shall Burn)

And as our talk with Solas ends and the screen fades to white, that white stays forever, infact.. using left click u could hear my character attack but that was all.

As in my previous reply, I went through all stated solution with none working, so lastly I decided to reinstall the game on my SSD.

(**Note: I didn't do this as a first solution since my download/upload is rather slow, took around 5 hours to reinstall with the desired singleplayer DLCs**).

Anyways, here is my solution:

1. Reinstall

2. Can't load character, " Save game is on a Newer version of the game ".

(**Says download newest patch, ignore that, unless you can confirm your package is not atleast Ver. 12**)

3. Go to Update folder in the DAI game directory

4. Locate Patch folder and open it

5. Edit " package.mtd " with notepad or any text editor program.

(** If this sounds familiar, then it's bcuz it was stated as a fix to the white screen in previous replies.**)

6. Change the Version from 12 to 13.

After a reinstallation the game should be the "Newest version" already, my package.mtd said Version 12,

so I simply changed it to 13.

And that fixed the " cannot load save game " for me, and the reinstallation seems to have fixed the White Screen.

(** Note: Some of you may? have the game on a CD and thus installing from that will most likely not install the newest version, but an older one.

Atleast usually thats how it is for installation done through CD.

If by chance your Package says anything lower than 12, try to update the game through Origin Game Library.

Let it be known that I do not know if you have to Bind your Hard Copy of the game (CD-Key) to your Origin account, I could imagine you would.

In which case your game might already be up to date).

Anyways, I made this final post too long, Good Luck fixing yours.

Edited by noneskillz

I had this problem too. Deactivated almost all my mods except Ciaran face textures, Shantia's eyebrows, improved lashes, Those eyes and Dorian's outfit as Skyhold pajamas(also Skyhold attire pattern is good too), merged and it worked.So incoronation Day with my modded Inquisitor(pj,eyes,skin eyebrow and eyelash) I don't know exactly what mod is responsible for the White screen after the talk with Solas... the mods I deactivated are Cullen and Blackwall aestethic mods, plus halamshiral outfit modded(don't remember which) no dirt buildop ,ll crafting material fixes and bi cullen. Also I don't use hair mods. I hope this helps. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a workaround that I found purely out of frustration... keep hitting the skip button and all of a sudden I'm leading my group up the mountain and finding Skyhold.

I've managed to play 3 characters now with no problem.

Hope this helps you all.

• 1 month later...
I tried all of these things. But what worked was taking my mods off temporarily! Then I put them back on the first time I could save.

• 7 months later...

I have only just come across this issue and my computer specs are high. After reading all the posts I did remove all mods before reading up on this issue and yes that works perfectly. I run many mods together, but looked at a post regarding hair mods which I never used to use when I first got the game, so investigated this and only removed the hair mods leaving the HD hair re-texture mod in and sure enough I got past the white loading issue.

So anyone using hair mods just remove those mods, delete old merged patch as you should always delete merged patches before re-doing, re-merge without hair mods and you should be able to get past the issue without hassle. Then when you can next save, just save and re-enable hair mods delete old merged file and re-merge :smile:

Edited by sarissamay