How to acquire the race name?

Asterra

I don't mean any of you in this thread.

For general ID obtaining you could do this:

Int Function GetRaceEditorID(Actor akActor)

Int RaceID = akActor.GetRace().GetFormID()

return RaceID

EndFunction  

Modify for quest aliases, if this works or whatever, though I'm not confident it will.

Edited by Elathia

Elathia - Im kinda confused a bit here. What are we talking about here? Not english so didnt really understand "I don't mean any of you in this thread." what it means.

But whats with the code? Is it a better version or more efficient or just a different way of coding? Do explain, since there are two codes now and we know why what and how from Arocide and nothing than the return value from yours so we need to know the difference. Evidently its smaller, thats what im getting. xD

Elathia - Im kinda confused a bit here. What are we talking about here? Not english so didnt really understand "I don't mean any of you in this thread." what it means.

That would be directed at my quip assuming that what Elathia said was in my direction, don't worry about it. I'm terrible when it comes to reading post intents, sorry Elathia.

Elathias method will get you the FormID which is a integer value that is the numerical reference the engine uses to distinguish forms rather then the editorID which is the string name someone has made for it. Usually people would just use properties for this sort of thing and compare to those which greatly simplifies the process. But that wasn't the OPs question :tongue:

Edited by Arocide

Well, thank you both. Its good to know how to get only the Editor ID and only the Form ID as well. The original OP is gone it seems but i thank him for asking anyway and for letting me highjack it to get actual info out of the thread and its intend. xD