Game of the Year or not?

MidbossVyers

well, if i remember correctly, the GOTY version comes with all the DLCs, while the standard edition doesn't

if that is true, then you should know that some mods depend on you having the DLCs, and they can make the experience much better, and provide some good content for modding

as far as i know, this is the only real difference, so think about it yourself, and decide if it means that much to you

and if there is any other big difference, please do mention it, and let's consider how big it really is :)

Look at the prices and bear in mind that the DLCs are ten bucks each.

So ask yourself: Do you want the DLCs at all? (of course you do. Broken Steel at the very least) Are you ok with Windows Live? (don't have to deal with it with GOTY, it's on the bloody disc) And how many DLCs will you get if you get them?

Five DLCs times $10~ = $50.

Frys.com shows Fallout 3 (base) at $20. 20+50=70, more than I think the GOTY ever sold for.

Thus, it's a no-brainer if you plan to get all five DLCs: go for GOTY.

NewEgg has the GOTY for (ok, had, it's out of stock) for $40. They don't even list the game by itself.

If I were to go re-buy only my favorite Fallout 3 stuff, I'd probably get at the very least Pitt, Zeta, and Broken Steel, so 30$ worth of DLCs, so I'd buy the GOTY because it'd cost less than or equal to the amount I'd spend buying things individually.

But seeing as my plan is to mod Fallout 3, getting NV doesn't help too much, right? Well, so long as the DLC don't hinder any mods, I'll probably get the GOTY version. Although, is the installation process in one fell swoop or do I need to install the main game and every single DLC separately?