Game of the Year or not?

MidbossVyers

So all other mods are compatible with the DLC, correct?

there's always gonna be one rogue mod out there that violates any condition

and any mod that is designed to simulate what a DLC gives you will probably conflict too.

HI! If you want to get all of the modding goodness out of FO3 you definately want the Goty, as it gives you all the extra Bethesda meshes & textures made for the DLC! (whether you wish to mod yourself/use others mods for outfits or areas/quests, theres plenty new models from DLC to start with for making/baking your own or to use as they are for making quest areas more interesrting etc...of cource remember if you/the maker of a mod have a DLC loaded to use it`s resources when making a mod in the CS the mod will become dependent on that DLC and only that DLC owners can use the mod- but I think most mod users use most or all DLS.... )

One thing when installing: one fell swoop, ay, from the disks you get, but you should go to Bethesdsa official page for FO3 to get the latest update after downloading,and u may have to go to Windows Live and do the same- I remember vaguely having some trouble getting my Goty started before some windows live updating.....Sorry my maybe bad english, :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i went to Gamestop and got the GOTY edition for how much? one sec *rumages around the room for my copy* $29.99 brand new. which is not bad bc

like Evil D said:

Five DLCs times $10~ = $50.

Frys.com shows Fallout 3 (base) at $20. 20+50=70, more than I think the GOTY ever sold for.

so i think i saved 40 bucks by buying the GOTY but the clerk nearly convinced me to get the Collector's edition instead of GOTY but everybody knows Collectors DOESN'T come with the DLC. so in the end i love the GOTY for the game and the DLC so do i regret not getting the Collectors over the GOTY? no. but i wished i got the collectible vault-boy boblehead....