Running Multiple Mods = Crash

Puckstopper

Hey there, I'm new to the FO3 modding and I'm having a few problems

EDIT: I am using the Steam version of this game, in case it does make a difference.

Whenever I try to run community mods, it almost always crashes at start, or crashes in game or when I try to save

+++FOMM LIST ATTACHED BELOW+++

Whenever I run more than one of those at a time, I crash. Although, on Tuesday, I had them all working fairly good, what I did was take my saves from my LIVE account profile and put them in my generic FO3 save folder and load from there, but when I went to the citadel to work on the death from above quest, it crashed. I think that might have been the DLC though.

I just got into the mods this week, so I don't know if any of these are causing conflicts with each other, with my game or the DLC, all of which I have, and I'm on the shock value quest right now, so yeah, I'd love to hear any ideas or suggestions.

silly me, now i see why you get crashes

you have an esp called eXcalibr - FWE, and yet you don't even have FWE installed.......

this is obviously a cause for at least some of your problems

do read the masters of each mod you have (just click the esp and look at the info)

also, the eXcalibr override should be last in your list, though i'm not even sure you need it

this is your load order??

because you must NEVER put an esp before an esm file

all the esm files must be first, and then the esp files

also, your DLCs aren't installed, otherwise you would see their files in FOMM, as they each have their own esm file

i overlooked the fact that the Sniper ESM was an ESM, i thought it was an ESP, thats my bad

as for the DCL, it is installed, i had bought it through XBOX live marketplace since FO3 is a windows game, so i was playing it by accessing my Live account in game, i reinstalled FOMM and clicked yes for the options to move my DLC and now i do see my DLC when i use FOMM

as for FWE, could you link me that download, i searched it on nexus and couldnt find what you mentioned specifically.

I'm also having problems similar to Puckstoppers.

It seems to be crashing often yet intermittently.

Current system specs/information:

AMD Athelon II x2 250 Processor

ATI Radeon 5870 HD

4GB Ram

Granted it’s not the best out there but I hardly suspect it has something to do with my specs.

I’m using real GOTY version of FO3 (with all DLC) installed to my C: as advised.

Every mod I’ve installed is working so I thought perhaps it was my load order through FOMM.

And yes I have ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated - Program Version installed and activated!

I have the following mods installed:

A Good Hair Day

AgedPaperScraps

Alice Body Type

Alpha-C-ev_Underwater_Home-15135

Ambient_Wasteland_2_MP3_edition-12602

Hi Res Main by 4Acres

HiRes Armor and Weapons

Hi Res for all DLC

Rock Add on Pack (Not the MAXIMUM res version of this, the step down from this)

RivetCity hi res

MiniHideout-v013

NeilMc_Terrain_Pack_1024-774

Everything else can be found in my load order picture attachment.

If anyone can tell me why I’m having issues whilst playing the game, that would be great.

The crashes tend to occur when I’m running through the wastes and multiple enemies are about or when I can see it loading the textures on in the background or loading into a new space. Rivet city being the main culprit.

I'm also having problems similar to Puckstoppers.

It seems to be crashing often yet intermittently.

Current system specs/information:

AMD Athelon II x2 250 Processor

ATI Radeon 5870 HD

4GB Ram

Granted it’s not the best out there but I hardly suspect it has something to do with my specs.

I’m using real GOTY version of FO3 (with all DLC) installed to my C: as advised.

Every mod I’ve installed is working so I thought perhaps it was my load order through FOMM.

And yes I have ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated - Program Version installed and activated!

I have the following mods installed:

A Good Hair Day

AgedPaperScraps

Alice Body Type

Alpha-C-ev_Underwater_Home-15135

Ambient_Wasteland_2_MP3_edition-12602

Hi Res Main by 4Acres

HiRes Armor and Weapons

Hi Res for all DLC

Rock Add on Pack (Not the MAXIMUM res version of this, the step down from this)

RivetCity hi res

MiniHideout-v013

NeilMc_Terrain_Pack_1024-774

Everything else can be found in my load order picture attachment.

If anyone can tell me why I’m having issues whilst playing the game, that would be great.

The crashes tend to occur when I’m running through the wastes and multiple enemies are about or when I can see it loading the textures on in the background or loading into a new space. Rivet city being the main culprit.

just to confirm, you have checked that both weather mods are compatible together, so you know they aren't causing the problem, or could they be the problem?? because i've never used either of them, but using two weather mods sounds like a conflict to me.......

It could well be that but I'm certain it was crashing before I installed the weather modification two days ago.

I found the 'Dynamic Weather' mod initially:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10607

The confusing part was that it seemed to be telling me that Dynamic weather mod requires Skingrad's Enhanced Weather Rain & Snow in order to work properly.

I attempted to follow the instructions given for both mods but they were too haphazard in description and seemed to contradict eachother in places. (example - get rid of this esp or keep this esp)

In the end I just installed everything from both mods.

Thing is, if I disable these with FOMM, I still get crashing. So does this not rule out the possible weather mod conflict as being the cause of my problem or do they still have the ability to affect the game even without being loaded?