32 hours total, and I feel like I'm done with this game.

Chaosblade02

This game really isn't that great, because its using an outdated engine, making the game similar to games I have played before, FA3, Oblivion, etc, so most of the stuff that was supposed to be interesting, like exploration, was just the same old same old for me on this. So basically I didn't just grab all loot and pack rat it back to the vendor to sell it, I almost never looted anything that wasn't a special weapon or armor, or an item I needed for a quest. The whole game just seemed kinda bland to me, more like an expansion for FA3, than a new game. The only enemies that were remotely challenging to beat were Death Claws, and once I got a Sniper Rifle, that problem was immediately solved. Super Mutants weren't as bad because they didn't ignore my DT. I completed a good portion of the quests, at least the important and rewarding ones. Do I feel like making another build? Not really. Nor do I feel any need to replay the game with an artificial challenge. I am not buying any more games made on the gamebyro engine. Making another game on this engine would be beating a dead horse.

I liked FO3 better than this.

This is what mods are good for. They can change the way things work, and it's not really the engine that's the problem, it's the design of the game itself. exploration can only be fun so many times, which is why new areas and locations are essential to these games.

Love people who fly thru games and get bored. :biggrin:

I play the game a bit differently. I purchased Fallout 3 a week into release and have yet to finish the main quest. That's right, Fallout 3, no idea of ending of main quest yet, haha. Am too busy doing side quests alongside amazing mods like this which extends Zeta DLC's past the vanilla ending... http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8747

Love to the talented Modders! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've been "flying" through FNV, I can't help it, at first I was going town to town, exploring, levelling etc, since hitting the main quest I've powered on so hard my character is probably seriously under-level to complete it without some extra exploration lol, I've already clocked 30 hours on the game in steam (I bought it on the 3rd of nov I think), most other games I'd have finished by now, and there's tonnes left to do, for all the complaining I've heard and done, it's nice to be back in the Fallout Universe... I'm playing my first-time through on Hardcore mode but will have to do another build or at least start waaaay back to when I was completing everything I can find to finish off all the quests at small towns, side-bits here and there...

But does anyone else have absolutely no interest in gambling whatsoever? or in the whole vegas thing? personally if I come to the option of nuking the whole damn place I will in a heartbeat.