Who has little to no bugs to report here?

leeshaw85

A few subterranean scorpions here, and one deathclaw who refused to die after getting stuck in a car. (That was pretty funny, I should have screenshot it.) Even with some mods to add extra weapons, it's run smooth and fine for me. It'll occasionally crash, but it's usually when I abusively switch in and out of the Steam chat thing. My machine's not a beast, so it can't handle a lot at once. I did have ONE issue trying to finish the NCR ending, but a quick ~ disable enable solved that problem and I was golden.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of times I have to realize that the majority of people who are posting on forums are doing so because they need help and the people with no problems have no reason to even visit a forum, giving games bad reps at times because of the little positive reviews posted. Great topic because I was curious about his myself. I have listed some stats and the minor problems I have faced along with the solutions I found that worked.

I am playing on a iMac 24" using bootcamp and have 94 hours of playing time experiencing only minor issues. Just to give you an idea of my level of game interaction here are some quick stats for my character.

Quests Completed - 60

Locations Discovered - 121

Challenges Completed - 44

Items Crafted - 1057

Items Repaired - 540

People Killed - 146

Creatures Killed - 551

Barter Amount Traded - 145366

Mods Installed:

[a] CONELRAD 640-1240 - Civil Defense Radio

Kobu - Better Binoculars

[c] Inventory Sorters

Problems I've had are:

[a] Minor tearing

Radio New Vegas not following quest lines/updating. Repeating same 3 or 4 songs. Lame DJ (I loved Three Dog so this is more a personal reflection). Random: Love Black Mountain Radio, it's hilarious.

[c] Minor Crashes

The game has crashed exactly 3 times in 94 hours of playtime. I am a every 10 second F5 hitter so it didn't affect me and I could easily return to the place it crashed without it crashing again.

[d] Radscorpions stuck in the ground at times

[e] Playing cards/ammo boxes not showing up

Fixed by placing cards in dresser then adding them to my inventory. Ammo fixed by dropping it on the ground and picking it back up.

[f] Faction reputation changed randomly

This took 30 minutes just playing around and still have no idea what I did. Happened after getting power armor, Cass and Rex would attack NCR even though I was idolized. Only wouldn't when I wore NCR uniform. I tried wearing all different combos including nothing at all and still they attacked as if I was vilified. I placed all my outfits in a closet and tried them on one by one including faction specific items, checking my Reputation in the Pipboy each time. Each outfit showed maybe 5 different factions, and after playing around with clothing for 15 minutes I got back to my Vault uniform and my reputation showed 10 factions and my reputation was how it should be with everyone. No more problems (that was about 70 hours into my 94 hours of gameplay).

[g] Returned from the Legion camp and Rex was missing but Cass was still with me

Fast traveling to different locations, waiting or sleeping didn't bring him magically back to me and I know he was not told to wait. I fast traveled to the Legion camp and he came walking up as if saying, "Hey, where you been man?" Jerk. haha

[h] After turning in 50 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottles caps I get quest failed but the "A Valuable Lesson" quest triggers.

The quest box is filled in as if completed however and I got the achievement still so no big deal to me

Cannot complete the quest "Heartache by the Number"

Clearing the road is not registering along with settle accounts trigger with Cass

Overall I have enjoy this game and have experienced only minor bugs, or bugs that I can easily ignore. Never had to use the console or anything like that and am overall pleased with my purchase.

yeah i get the in ground scorpions as well... I have yet to see anyone mention a problem that im having, im begining to think its a bug god specially made for me...

Lever-Action rifles, and Revolvers...

When I reload. in 1st person, the animation goes - finishes - and then... cant shoot or aim for about 3 seconds.

3rd person, same thing sorta, anime goes - finishes - and then... my character kinda gets stuck in whichever movning animation they were in while reloading and then move with the gun in hand as if its holsterd. so ill be sitting there with the trail carbine or cowboy repeater in one hand lookin like im holding it like a sword. and same with revolvers.

the 3 seconds apply to the 3rd person as well. everything just snaps back after it.

Anyone else seen this? I dont know if its a bug with the quick reload perk or not, cause i didnt notice it untill after I got it.

I've got about 70 hours logged so far, and the only real bugs are the occasional crash to windows. That's more likely a system thing though, since I'm generally bouncing back and forth between NV, a half dozen AIM conversations, playing music on a buggy sound card, loading things on my E-reader, and juggling my power cord, which has become frayed. Its not a new computer, either... Seen a few scorpions trying to hide in the ground, and there is a single gecko that always spawns inside a rock face, but even my mods are playing nice.

Shibster89 - I'm not sure if I've experienced the exact same problem, But I've had a few fights where upon reloading I can't fire for 3-5 seconds, in real-time or in VATS, I can still run around but for some reason the character just won't pull the trigger, no weird animation stuff going on though

Scrapxiron - Great to hear it works so well on Mac!

Well another patch for steam users (Not sure about everyone else, would have to be confirmed)

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1

Companions now show up as waypoints on the map

Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away

Fix: DLC error/save corruption

Fix: Stuttering with water effects

Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.

Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched

Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk

Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption

Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings

Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction

Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list

Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked

Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn

Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam

Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight

Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS

Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

It looks like they might have fixed the Gun Animation problem mentioned above.. funnily it was the cowboy repeater I had the most trouble with, but there's no mention of if it fixes all of what Shibster89 mentioned