Oblivion Mods Won't Download

atlarian

No Data folder inside your Oblivion main installation folder?

Tell me, what have you installed thus far? Just the base game? No updates, patches nor Unofficial Patches?

When you start the game, once in the Main Menu screen, lower left corner, which Version Number appears there?

Looks like you have just the barebone installation. You need to update and patch it before you start to mod your game.

And anytime, any help you need, here we are.

Cheers!

Before you start adding mods you should confirm the vanilla game starts correctly. Even a vanilla game will have a Data folder when properly installed. What version of the game do you have (e.g. disk, Steam, GameStop etc).

- Edit - Doing well Ike, just seem to be torn into eleven different directions with things to do and making next to no progress no matter which way I try to go.

Edited by Striker879

Hey, Atlarian!

Wait, when you went to your Oblivion folder, which one did you look in? The one where your savegames are stored, or the one inside your SteamApps directory?

We are talking about the main Oblivion installation folder, the one that contains the game's executable. If you have all the DLCs, you have a Data folder in your main Oblivion folder.

Your game is up-to-date, don't worry, no more official updates are available for it. But I recommend you installing the Unofficial Patches.

But before we go further, you need to locate your main Oblivion installation folder.

I don't know how NMM works, but esp files mus be always placed inside the Oblivion Data folder.

Cheers!

PD: Yep, Striker, I know the feeling. Sometimes, days pass out quietly and peacefully, and suddenly everything jumps on you at once.

So your Data folder will be buried somewhere under SteamApps or something like that (I'm a non-Steam type of guy). Look for something like SteamApps\Oblivion\Data or SteamApps\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data starting from where ever you installed Steam (more than likely a sub-folder of C:\Program Files (x86) if you just let it install with the default location and you are using a fairly recent computer and Windows version).

Hey, Atlarian!

You are not an idiot, none of us was born being a Master in Oblivion-Modding-jutsu.

Problem solved then, you now know where to go to manually install mods. And, if/when you decide to install Oblivion Mod Manager, this folder (the SteamApps\common\Oblivion or whatever) is the one you need the installer be pointed to.

And you need some form of shorting your load order and perform Archive Invalidation. Not sure if NMM allows you to short the load order though.

Now, about the Unofficial Oblivion Mods, yes, you need all of them if you have all the DLCs.

However, before you start putting more things in your game, as I said, you need to know if NMM shorts the load order of your mods, and where is the Archive Invalidation utility. These two things are ESSENTIAL for modding Oblivion.

Oblivion Mod Manager does both flawlessly.

Do not install anything else until you know you can short your load order (the order in which the game loads the mods) and where has NMM its Archive Invalidation.

But I still recommend you to grab OBMM.

Cheers!