Gotta be kiddin me....

Mark1130

From KDStudios:

Open Fallout_default.ini, Fallout.ini, and Falloutprefs.ini, and replace the SArchive line with

SArchiveList=Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa

Worked for me.

So this patch is a mod-killer, or at least death to the ones that require archive invalidation.

No It's not. Archive Invalidation has to be implemented in a specific way now, hence snake11088's response. Look carefully at the SArchiveList line

the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated bsa cannot be loaded at the start, and must load after the texture bsas

So this patch is a mod-killer, or at least death to the ones that require archive invalidation.

No It's not. Archive Invalidation has to be implemented in a specific way now, hence snake11088's response. Look carefully at the SArchiveList line

the ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated bsa cannot be loaded at the start, and must load after the texture bsas

Actually, it doesn't have to be after texture bsa's. I moved the voice entry to before it, and it works fine for me.

SArchiveList=Fallout - Voices1.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

As long as the ArchiveInvalidated!.bsa is not first and is before Meshes.bsa you should be fine. Some people have also reported that changing the file name also works in allowing it to be loaded first - I can't confirm this however.

If you have AI!.bsa set as first, your game will crash / not-load. Happily this is resolvable.. and mods which require this to work.. do work with this change :)