worst moments ever

TheCalliton

First game. The railway yard near Jury Street Metro Station.

Was poking around (as you do), and suddenly there is a damn Super Mutant Behemoth in my face, whaling on me like the proverbial red-headed stepchild. Not too surprisingly, I died.

Checked the Wiki later, and found out what triggers that encounter. Basic reaction to that and, a little later, when discovering the whole exploding baby carriage thing: "You sicko b#####ds...".

Edited by 7thsealord

With a new character, two nights ago, level 3. Had been at the Farragut West station and killed some Raiders and watched others dealing with Super Mutants swimming across the Potomac for them. Later, after stopping back in Megaton, I thought I'd see if I could sneak up behind the Super Mutant's position on the west side of the river and get the drop on them. They weren't there! So I stood up on the ledge looking East, got a great screen shot, saved the game and went to bed. Yesterday, started the saved game and found my level 3 with a 50% condition Assault Rifle in the middle of 5 Super Muties .... the unfairness of the situation justified a quick 'tgm" and 'I'm outta here' from me.

• 3 weeks later...

I came to Arefu as I'd accepted Lucy West's little quest to see whether her parents were alright.

Even though I have an instinctual dislike for Evan King I decided to help him out. I first went to check on the West family, the little hut at the far end of the Arefu settlement.

I check the bodies inside and when I come back out, a Deathclaw spawns in front of Karen Schenzy's hut and it attacks Evan King and kills him within seconds -then the whole Arefu faction turns hostile towards ME!!!! And I completely fail the quest!

Like it's my fault a Deathclaw takes out that annoying Mr. King?! I mean WTF?

One other encounter that nearly got me killed.

I came near Jocko's whatsis -this little shack that has some odd bits of interesting stuff.

I got two red ticks on my compass. One is obvious: a Robobrain. I take it out with ease. As I sneak around to get to the second red tick unseen, I see it's a Yao Guai and I pop it right in head, A swishing noise behind me makes me pivot around and I stare into the beady eyes of an Albino Giant Radscorpion. I survived but it somewhat stung. I usually want to take this big white mothers out from a distance with my BB Gun of Navarone, one that shoots nuclear pellets and takes out such a critter with one direct hit -one shot is all you can rack up in VATS anyhow, so you may want to make it count.

Last encounter:

Super Mutant Brute with an assault rifle. I'm hidden and I take out my modified SAKO TRG.

In VATS I can rack up the entire clip of seven rounds. I have a 94% chance of hitting the acquired target; his head.

One bullet slams into his chest, doing minimal damage. The other six go wide.

I'm out of Action Points and too stunned by this fiasco to take out another, more suitable weapon and finish the job. I didn't live that time.

in my game i use the Call of Duty realism mod and Amplified Cripple Effects, so weapons are much more deadly in my game and firefights are usually short and brutal.

anyway, i was really badly wounded, and had 3 raiders with melee weapons running towards me. i target all 3 in VATS with my hunting rifle, 1 shot in the chest each, which should have been more than enough and had never failed to kill a raider before. the first 2 raiders immediately went down, but the 3rd, who at this point was almost right on top of me, took the hit in and kept coming with a tiny sliver of health left.

as soon as VATS ended, before i could react, the last raider smashed me in the head with a sledgehammer and my guys head exploded. in that game, they were the first raiders i had ever encountered -_-

oh and just a few minutes ago, i was walking around in the wilderness with Amata, and she suddenly started cowering in fear, but there were no enemies around that i could see.ive had bugs before with Amata going into "flee" mode for no reason, so i thought it was that. i went over to her and was pushing her, going "cmon Amata whats the hol-" *cue multiple rockets hitting us and blowing both of us apart*

im not even sure what killed me i never saw it :/

• 1 month later...

When Bethesda made a dramatic improvement in Fallout villains by hinting that we might join the Enclave and then even showing in a few places that they are not as evil as they seem to be, but then they just smashed the whole organization in a single quest.

I could barely complete Take It Back! because I couldn't see past my incredible facepalm. No matter how awesome and well made, that quest was FAIL

i think i got 4 I'll try to remember them all

1. When I finished FO3 and wanted to install the DLC (Why I do it because I like beating the main storyline then add the extra stuff. Think of it as eating your dinner then getting a big dessert or maybe I'm weird like that) and couldn't play it do to either Windows Live being on FO3 and making it hard to play without getting that damn red diamond with the white exclamation point in the middle when i want to activate Project Purity and start Broken Steel but that problem was fixed.

2. pickpocketing a Rivet City guard and to make things worse i was in their barracks so when i pickpocked one guard not only that guard turned hostile on me but the whole Rivet City security turned hostile and started shooting at me unfortunately i had on the Naughty Nightwear which anybody who play FO3 knows that it doesn't give you good Damage Resistance and when i tried to pull out my Fat Man they gunned me down near a door before i had to chance to fire and kill them and possibly me in the shot ;D but to make thinks worst, after i got killed and "respawned" they were shooting at me again!

3. almost the same as 2 but it was at the time Slaver owned Lincoln Memorial and really didn't pay to attention to the guy that said "Don't move toward the steps those guys have a right to kill on sight" i accidentally stepped toward the steps and before i had a chance to fully react i got shot down....again.

4. On Mothership Zeta, at the spaceship fight the first time i didn't know wth i was doing only thing i knew that the aliens still on-board nearly killed everyone including myself then everything got silent then BOOM! apparently i think the ship exploded from too much damage and i died being sent a couple of feet in the air due to the explosion.

5. being bored on FO3 i tend to do some experimenting or some stuff that you may see on a episode of Jack*** like firing a experimental MIRV straight down killing myself and being sent very high in the air.