worst moments ever

TheCalliton

Man, MMM can be a real biatch.

I go around to a raider camp and a bunch of raiders attack (Like 100)

I died but still it was challenging and fun, methinks.

Edited by coin409

• 2 weeks later...

Probably some guy in an alley way yelling, threatening to blow up the area if anyone tried to enter or exit the area. (Near Reilly's Rangers' bunker)

At first, I had no idea where it was coming from - Then I hear several ticks of a frag mine in the area. About 5 seconds later, a massive explosion - A mini-nuke, plus several mines and about 10 more mini-nukes go off. Blowing me, and everyone in the area to hell.

My first thought was, there was some raider or super mutant with an Experimental MIRV. My second thought was.. "Son of a..." -

At that point, it was awhile ago where i'd last saved, lots of areas uncovered since then, was just out there to collect my caps when i heard some guy yelling!

Moral of the Story: Curiosity killed the cat!

In the Mason District, checking out the Police Station (from DCInteriors, I think).

We (the LW, RL7, Clover, Bittercup and Jasmine) have just stepped inside to do the obligatory looting / souveneiring, when Supermutants start arriving from a side passage. Swear to Ghod, it was like a Conga Line - with one straight after the other. Three SM Masters and two Overlords. Messy, to put it mildly.

Two come to mind, both on my first playthrough. First was unwittingly triggered the behemoth near the Jury Street Metro on my run back home after escaping Raven Rock. I had just added Fawkes as my companion and... well, I just ran - better him than me (I can be such a jerk!). Second was after I double-crossed Crowley by getting his caps and then bolting back to Ft Constantine to grab the T1b. Quite a while later I was unloading my inventory back in my Tenpenny Tower suite and, just when I was at the point of being naked and unarmed, Crowley burst into my room and started .44 magnumming my ass. Luckily the robo butler was quick on the flamer and I had enough time to grab a shooter and start firing back. On my current playthrough, I double-crossed Crowley a few levels ago and he hasn't shown up yet. I think he was probably killed in the wasteland, but I'm still on edge in case he appears suddenly. Edited by kevkiev

• 3 weeks later...
The worst thing I think I ever experienced in FO3 was a massive fight between me 4 deathclaws and horde of at least 7 enclave. I was walking North of Jury Street metro and I saw this battle between these damn deathclaws and a couple of brahim. Next thing I know a freaking vertibird lands near me and the enclave starts spraying plasma. I had full health and 531 stimpacks at hotkey with the xualong Chinese assault rifle with like 9000 bullets but a couple of deathclaw claw swipes and a hail of plasma bullets later I lay on the floor dead. Horrible experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a situation where I had just got out of some random underground dungeon deal with feral ghouls in the wasteland(forgot which) to get jumped by raiders right after exiting, loaded down with loot to sell and very little ammo. I booked it towards the path of least resistance (least amount of guns shooting at me.) Only to find a pack of rad scorpions, which chased me off yet another angle, while still being shot at. To collide with a Outcast patrol, after having done operation anchorage, which turned me back to face a pack of scorpions and a group of raiders closing in on me. Barely slipping down a cliff that took half my hp as I tried to get away and come smack dab in the middle of a super mutant patrol. So yea, that was real fun.... Stuck between a rock and a hard place for real.

• 1 month later...
As much as I like Dogmeat, he often totally fails at being sneaky and this is only one example. I was roaming around the D.C., had low health, and like one stimpakt left. There was some Super Mutant infested area but it was possible to sneak past it so I proceeded to do just that. But then Dogmeat decided to start growling and head up straight to the mutants. Charon then dropped the sneaky approach as well and ran into Dogmeat's aid... and the whole world erupted in chaos as there was even more those damn mutants than I first thought. Thanks to Charon I didn't die but the whole thing still pissed me off and I just had to berate Dogmeat even though I know it really has no effect on anything. Stupid dog.

one of the recent worst moments i had was the time i fast traveled to some landmark near oasis. i found my run-into-the-middle-of-everything-blow-stuff-up character in the middle of 8 albino radscorpions. i quickly popped some psycho, med-x, yao gui meat, whipped out the gatling laser, and back stepped like never before. by the time i had killed all of them, my health was at less than 25%. i blew the stimpaks i had left from that encounter. to make matters even worse, i have a real life fear of scorpions. i still have a not so fond memory of the time when i was 4 and had gotten stung by an albino scorpion. i hate scorpions with a burning passion!

When I wanderer into some yard with a bunch of old cars for the first time. I didn't know that those stupid cars can and will explode with a big BOOM if you happen to shoot them. So of course there was a fight and both Charon and Dogmeat blew up followed shortly by me. I was like: "O______O ..... what the s*** just happened?"