10+ years experience Audio Engineer

pugles

I am extremely passionate about audio...It's my life, I am an Audio Engineer and the economy over here has somewhat limited my customer base lately and I would love to get back to doing some more projects. So I want to offer my assistance. What I mean by this is, I can do pretty much anything with audio, alter it any which way. So if anyone was doing some mods where they need some audio fixed up, cleaned up, altered, whatever, you name it. I could offer to help. I have over $20,000 worth of professional grade audio gear and equipment of the like. I have been doing this for about 9 years now.

i.e. If some one had some audio files of weapon sounds and did not like them, you could give me a copy of the raw files and give me a description of what you were looking for and I can do that for you. My brother also has access to a lot of different fire arms so I might be able to go as far as to get a visitors pass to his place of employment and hopefully maybe do some Foley work! (fingers crossed).

This is a passion of mine, so I'm not going to charge people, all that I would ask is to give credit where credit is due.

If this interests anyone or if anyone has any questions, just ask!

Thank you for your time.

Just a suggestion, you could make a bunch of sound file and upload them as modder's resource. Of the top of my head, a couple of things you could do:

Better gunshot sound, large calibre weapon like 50cal rifle, minigun (vanilla's one sucks)...

Better explosion sound.

Bullet impact on different surface, dirt, stone, metal, flesh...

Animated Prostitute mod could use a better female..errr...sound..

Hey pugles. Do you have any samples at freesound.org? i have an account there, its pretty dope for sharing and showing off sound work, atleast foley and field recordings.

Our studio just hired two new audio guys last month, not sure if we are still looking but ill check on monday. If you have an updated resume or website send me a PM and ill forward it to our HR if you are looking for fulltime employment and willing to move to Ontario Canada (2hrs from Detroit across the water).

No promises but you never know! Ill give you our studios website addy just drop me a line dude

Hey pugles. Do you have any samples at freesound.org? i have an account there, its pretty dope for sharing and showing off sound work, atleast foley and field recordings.

Our studio just hired two new audio guys last month, not sure if we are still looking but ill check on monday. If you have an updated resume or website send me a PM and ill forward it to our HR if you are looking for fulltime employment and willing to move to Ontario Canada (2hrs from Detroit across the water).

No promises but you never know! Ill give you our studios website addy just drop me a line dude

That sounds sweet, but I think people are a bit confused here, When I say I'm an Audio Engineer, I mean that on the music side of the industry (micing, recording, mixing), that's not to say that I can't/don't know what I'm doing with Foley/SFX, that's just what I originally went to school for. I haven't really gotten around to making sounds yet, I have a huge PC rig built around my studio, so whatever I can bring within my studio, I can/have fooled around with Foley stuff in the past. I mostly just improve/alter other peoples. for example here is a before and after of a couple sounds from Imperator3's M14 mod, I love the mod, but I thought that the unsuppressed sound could use a bit of work.

I would love to buy a field recorder kit and do Foley sounds myself, but I just don't have the money =(

P.S. sorry for the late response, I had a funeral to attend yesterday.

studio supplies sound guys with all the tools and equipment you'd need. we have libraries of stock sounds purchased in huge quantities from stock retailers, but they dont put themselves into the game :)

You know Protools im guessing, thats all they use afaik in conjunction with the Evolution engine

Just an FYI, I am familiar with Pro Tools, however, I can tell you that it is not necessary...for anything, It is humongously overrated, I personally use Sonar 7 PE and Sonar can do everything that Pro Tools can, the only thing that Pro Tools gets you that Sonar doesn't, is more points in Scrabble.

haha scrabble :)

Yea i do recall one of our elder sound guys either mentioning or working in sonar, im an LD so i cant say with certainty which package they use, but Sonar was the other name i recall being thrown around.. The end result is usually all that matters so whatever tools are needed by staff they are usually provided (dont quote me on that though).