Question on a mod no longer available

ziitch

Usually this is something that would be easy to figure out, but there's some special circumstances that play into this...

Well, I have this mod that was rather popular here on TESN, but at the time of the upload there was some problems with the file server (June 6-14, 2010). From what I can tell, the mod was either taken down by the creator or the server problems deleted it when it was brought to a backup. The modder seems to have left the modding scene some time ago and hasn't re-uploaded, and there's been some interest in it again lately, so I'm wondering if it would be okay if I re-uploaded it...

The mod in question is Three_bows from the TESNexus site.

Usually this is something that would be easy to figure out, but there's some special circumstances that play into this...

Well, I have this mod that was rather popular here on TESN, but at the time of the upload there was some problems with the file server (June 6-14, 2010). From what I can tell, the mod was either taken down by the creator or the server problems deleted it when it was brought to a backup. The modder seems to have left the modding scene some time ago and hasn't re-uploaded, and there's been some interest in it again lately, so I'm wondering if it would be okay if I re-uploaded it...

The mod in question is Three_bows from the TESNexus site.

All files uploaded must have been created by the uploader or used with permission from the original author of the content. If you cannot provide proof of consent when asked then your file will be removed and your account is likely to be banned.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules#uploading

Unfortunately, a "I can't reach the author" isn't a viable reason. Without their permission, it would be considered a violation of the rules for you to re-up their mod without being able to show that permission was given to do so.

If that's the actual case, why was the mod not re-uploaded by admin? I'm guessing that perhaps none of them got it, or it was overlooked?

All files uploaded must have been created by the uploader or used with permission from the original author of the content. If you cannot provide proof of consent when asked then your file will be removed and your account is likely to be banned.
http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules#uploading

Unfortunately, a "I can't reach the author" isn't a viable reason. Without their permission, it would be considered a violation of the rules for you to re-up their mod without being able to show that permission was given to do so.

It'd be strange if they didn't follow their own rules eh :).