Witch Hunt disappointment

Lehcar

It wasn't much of an ending and still left me pretty unsatisfied.

I want to find out just what the heck this Eluvian mirror is and where it goes, and what's going to happen to her and my Warden. And I want to see what becomes of the dragon baby... :pinch:

I hope he isn't sitting in a tree hollow somewhere in some alternate universe for squirrels to raise.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would have been more disappointed if they had told me everything about the fate of Morrigan.

Now we all have to wait for Dragon Age 3 to find out what she is up to. (Because I am willing to bet all my New Vegas winnings that she will be back, just like good ole' Arnie).

Overheard in the BioWare Writers' Pit:

"Our fiendish plot is working! [wrings hands gleefully] They will be drooling on themselves with anticipation for DA3! We just have to keep creating characters with whom players form real emotional connections, and plot events who's results only beg for MOAR!"

:teehee:

That is the whole point isn't it? To leave you guessing for more. If they gave it all away then we wont be interested in the franchise anymore. You are better off reading the entire book than to skip and find out what happens in the end.

There's something 'weird' with the plot. I happen to play female warden who choose the ultimate sacrife in the Origin. Technically, I am supposed to be dead and my story end. But out of curiosity, I import this same character to Witch Hunt just to see how Morrigan's response. It's interesting that she KNOWS I refused her dark ritual offer and that I'm supposed to be dead. Yet, she doesn't explain why her dark ritual is bulls*** since I'm alive even without it ( Origin's end cutscene show I'm dead tho ). I know I've mess up with the plot but it's strange the writer is well aware and even allow it. I guess continuing a plot where you leave the player with 4 options is a messy job. At least, he should have see it coming before even plotting the story end. So yes, Witch Hunt is a major dissapointment!

I assume there is a limit to how many different endings can be supported in a sequel (time/funding constraints, development difficulties, etc.). I've never chosen the ultimate sacrifice ending because I always felt I was kinda pushed into this whole gray warden thing so I always accepted Morrigan's offer.

It would be interesting to see some poll or other statistical information on how many players picked the ultimate sacrifice ending.

Or option C it could be a bug it self. The writer can write all the dialogue as he/she likes but it's the coders and other people within the DLC department that script the scenes together and I can bet that it's their botched job that give the confusion in the first place. So in reality, you should have been the dead and "you" would have been someone else. In other lighter news... DLC department for DA2 will be increased so there will be more unique and memorable DLCs.

Overheard in the BioWare Writers' Pit:

"Our fiendish plot is working! [wrings hands gleefully] They will be drooling on themselves with anticipation for DA3! We just have to keep creating characters with whom players form real emotional connections, and plot events who's results only beg for MOAR!"

:teehee:

Really!! So what happened to all the fans of the other characters eg. Alistair, Zev, Sten etc, OH! but wait they are meant for woman gamers and there aren't enough of those to be worth the bother of making DLC for, so we just grow old and die drooling and never hear from them again... probably would be my guess.

Au contraire! There weren't ANY romances in either DA:A or GoA, and not even in WH until the very last scene (unless you're counting the entire DLC as a continuation of the Romance, which a) I do, and b) presupposes that there was one to begin with!) So that nmakes me think this isn't "male fanservice". Plus from a narrative perspective, (depending on what choices the player made in DA:O) the romantic relationship (if any) with Morrigan is the only one left unresolved.

If you play to achieve SOME kind of positive relationship with them, (ignoring the cases where you're playing for Disapproval or Dismissal) then by the end of DA:O the specific status of the situation between the PC and all the others has been determined by decisions you have made.

Alistair = You are his Queen, Mistress, Friend, or he is Exiled or Dead.

Zevran = He will stick around/accompany you on further (unspecified) adventures, or you wish him a Fond Farewell.

Leliana = She will accompany you (or you, her!) for further (unspecified) adventures, or you wish her a Fond Farewell

The situation with Morrigan MAY already be resolved to your satisfaction, and if so there is no reason to play WH at all! But if not, then WH gives you a chance to do so.

@Sacred; Wow, I'm actually impressesed that the writers even gave a token shout-out to the case where the Player deliberately "broke the rules" of immersion by bringing back the PC they had killed-off!

Reminds me of the way the game handles the case where you've killed Loghain at the end of the Landsmeet, and then "resurrect" him to perform the US on the rooftop, (saving both you and Alistair without having to perform the DR at all!) Except for the initial, necessarily disconcerting, query by Anora (if you had elected to make an ally of her so she's present at the Coronation) all the rest of the dialogue and response options work beautifully!

Well the biggest thing that makes the whole Morrigan romance very not "sexy" or "romanctic" is the pregnancy thing, at least for me. Honestly I'm not sure how guys can find that attractive in any way shape or form. That's about the biggest turn off I could ever think of, and trust me it's near impossible to turn this love machine off. And to add insult to injury she scrams with the kid to throw him through a magical elf mirror and leaves you in the dust like you're a worthless piece of garbage ugh.

As for the other romances though, well you make a good point I feel Leliana and Zevran's romances were still left hanging too, since they're not around either during Awakening, or any of the other DLC's, because Leliana ran off to Orlais see the Grand Cleric even though she said she isn't interested in the church anymore, and Zevran went back to Antiva for whatever reason, even though he says he's not interested in the Crows anymore and has no further business with them.

And Alistair, assuming he didn't become king and didn't die... well, his absence from his Warden duties kind of wasn't explained in Awakening or any of the other DLCs. That bothered me a lot.