One mod changed something without warning

Hey, this ought to be a quick fix, so I won't waste too much time getting to the point.

I don't know which mod, but one of the many I have installed changed the name of the in-game drug "Med X" to morphine. None of the mods that I have installed said anything about changing any such things, but I suppose one of the mod authors snuck-or misplaced- that file inside their mod, and I just want to reverse it.

So if anyone can direct me to where in the Fallout New Vegas folder I can find the file just to manually change it (I assume it's a .txt, just tell me what line to search for to edit) or if anyone has a file that will reverse this effect, I'd like to know.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by PcGamingWithMods

I'd recommend you load your mods up in FNVEDIT and see if you can find which one is changing the Med-X. For the record, Med-X is called "Morphine" in the game files, so maybe that's why a mod decided to name it that. Anyway, if you find the culprit, you can revert the change through FNVEDIT or the GECK.

Alternatively, you can try the .esp I've attached. It changes the base price of Med-X by one cap (so it's 21) to make sure it overrides any other mod's changes. Load it as close to the bottom of your load order as you can and see if it helps. :smile:

I'd recommend you load your mods up in FNVEDIT and see if you can find which one is changing the Med-X. For the record, Med-X is called "Morphine" in the game files, so maybe that's why a mod decided to name it that. Anyway, if you find the culprit, you can revert the change through FNVEDIT or the GECK.

Alternatively, you can try the .esp I've attached. It changes the base price of Med-X by one cap (so it's 21) to make sure it overrides any other mod's changes. Load it as close to the bottom of your load order as you can and see if it helps. :smile:

Thanks!

On the subject of the GECK though, there's another issue I'm having. It's my first time making a mod, and I've chosen to make a vault and fill it with raiders. The only problem is that pieces that appear under the same naming conventions (VRmSm1WayR01 for example) don't exactly line up as well as I would like. Let me explain: When I look through the render window or in game, the pieces don't come together to form a complete wall or ceiling, so you can still see outside a bit. I can't seem to find a (corner) piece that fits Vrmwallr01 so that it looks like a completed wall/ceiling. Any help there?

Thanks again for the .esp, though.

I miss those IDs in NV, I can't check. However not all the kits are completed. The alternative is making your own adaptions using Blender, or use workarounds while you build in GECK. When you grow some experience in building interiors and exteriors in GECK, you start knowing the avaiable assets and you automatically find new ways to solve these kinds of issues, thinking out of the box, using SCOLs...

For example, think to 2 tilesets that don't match perfectly, and they have a gap, you can use a third piece to fill that gap. In the case of a vault for example, a IndBeamRegMid01 could be a nice piece to fill a gap. Then everything becomes a matter of scaling up / down and align perfectly.

I miss those IDs in NV, I can't check. However not all the kits are completed. The alternative is making your own adaptions using Blender, or use workarounds while you build in GECK. When you grow some experience in building interiors and exteriors in GECK, you start knowing the avaiable assets and you automatically find new ways to solve these kinds of issues, thinking out of the box, using SCOLs...

For example, think to 2 tilesets that don't match perfectly, and they have a gap, you can use a third piece to fill that gap. In the case of a vault for example, a IndBeamRegMid01 could be a nice piece to fill a gap. Then everything becomes a matter of scaling up / down and align perfectly.

Thanks! I never thought about scaling the pieces.

EDIT: Didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I suppose I'll start looking into blender.

I Think I've figured a solution to your problem, without scaling, adding a third piece or using blender. Take a look at this picture, it has the corner pieces to the "Vrmwallr01" attached and labled, with no openings in the walls or ceilings...I also added a second picture with a small instruction as to how to get structural pieces to fit together easier, and adjust the angles without fussing with typing them out to meet 90*/180*/270*/etc*...http://oi58.tinypic.com/wapy80.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28rlafl.jpg

I Think I've figured a solution to your problem, without scaling, adding a third piece or using blender. Take a look at this picture, it has the corner pieces to the "Vrmwallr01" attached and labled, with no openings in the walls or ceilings...I also added a second picture with a small instruction as to how to get structural pieces to fit together easier, and adjust the angles without fussing with typing them out to meet 90*/180*/270*/etc*...http://oi58.tinypic.com/wapy80.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/28rlafl.jpg

You made this yourself? This is great! Exactly what I need!

I can't thank you enough. Now I can finish the design of the rooms, add some (more) clutter, add traps and NPCs, and maybe publish it soon.

Thanks again!

No problem, happy to help! I threw that wall setup and the pics together in about 5 minutes.

Just remember you can toggle on/off the Snap to Grid function if your placing specific clutter, oh and the keys F and G are your friends too (F lowers selected items, G raises them up, just mess with them in GECK and you'll get the hang of it soon enough).

Goodday.