How did Talos become god?

morogoth35

Basically by the method of his ascension to godhood.

He doesn't require followers and their belief to maintain his power, while the others do, he's "self-contained" in his existence. Which is why the Thalmor's ban on Talos worship is futile.

They've been trying to weaken him by a method that is completely useless against him.

the tl;dr is that in the Elder Scrolls Universe, which takes place inside the dream of an unknown entity, you can become "real" and "independent" from the dream if you're ego-tripping hard enough. That happened to Talos, and since he's so convinced of himself he doesn't even need people who worship him anymore.

Can the dragonborn become a god by soul stacking dragon souls?

Yes, in principle, but it seems the Hero thing kinda locks you on a particular path towards 'removal'.

Was the neveravine (sp) a god through prophecy? How about other tes heros fulfilling prophecy?

God-as-in-immortal, yes. God-as-in-toying-with-mortals, No. Fulfiling a Prophecy and becoming a Hero seems to lock in your 'deed' and immortalises you within the Godhead for your accomplishment. You the person fade into the collective identity of the Hero... So Sally Waddlesworth doesn't get remembered, but the Nerevarine does.

I see, thanks.

So in tesvi we might hear how the dragonborn gained immortality from his soul feasting amd went to akavir to look for the nerevarine and was never heard of again. Lol.

Or how he vanished trying to uncover the secrets of the First Dragonborn (getting trapped in Apocryphia) or left to try exploring Atmora, or went back to Sovengarde... SOMETHING will happen to remove him from future events.

So, you know... Those people who think he's the next Emperor are gonna be sad.

He doesn't require followers and their belief to maintain his power, while the others do, he's "self-contained" in his existence. Which is why the Thalmor's ban on Talos worship is futile.

They've been trying to weaken him by a method that is completely useless against him.

I know this is going a little off OT, but IS there a way to weaken him, then?

Yes. If you can somehow damage his Ego, he may Zero Sum. Talos is a major egotistical jackass though....

Yes. If you can somehow damage his Ego, he may Zero Sum. Talos is a major egotistical jackass though....

So, the whole ban on Talos is more of a political move? Sorry, I'm just having a hard time believing that, as savvy as the Altmer have shown themselves to be on matters of the arcane, they don't understand this.

So, the whole ban on Talos is more of a political move? Sorry, I'm just having a hard time believing that, as savvy as the Altmer have shown themselves to be on matters of the arcane, they don't understand this.

They view Talos under the same lens as the Aedra, because it's impossible to understand CHIM without achieving it. IF Talos was an Aedra, their plan would work. They have no way of knowing that he isn't though.