No more Amulet of power farming after most recent patch?

Artillis

Soooo I noticed something this patch, I've beaten the game a few playthroughs and now like to dork around and don't use the cheat engine but would give my characters some extra skill points by doing the loot all but one item and leave causing it to respawn and be lootable again trick with certain amulets of power.

This patch they nerfed that, for instance the amulet of power in crestwood you used to be able to do this with for your main character now ONLY has the amulet of power period. So once you loot it no more. The amulet of power for vivian in the villa thing in Emerald Graves didnt even show up like they got rid of it all together and replaced it with i think a crappy life ward amulet. Havnt had a chance to check others yet.

The loot loophole was corrected in the latest patch unfortunately. Great job EA/Bioware... the fact that the game no longer runs properly doesn't seem to bother them at all lol

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/03/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-5-notes/

... the fact that the game no longer runs properly doesn't seem to bother them at all lol

Game seems to be running fine for me. In fact, by rolling-back my nVidia driver to the previous version, (347.25) after applying Patch 5 I've been running with everything on Ultra/High with no problems. (Well, no "technical" problems. :laugh: )

In addition to DarkAmaranth's suggestion to set PPAA to "Low", he now recommends setting v-Sync to "Adaptive" in the nVidia Control Panel. Says it worked for his and for his granddaughter's rigs!

I'm running on High and Ultra settings but it will not start. Have had to re-install the game, but it will patch up to v1.06 ie Patch 5.

I will then try to rollback once more. Its a total pain in the neck to be honest.

Not only did they remove the amulet of power exploit, but quite a few amulets of power don't even respawn. Amulet of power for the inquisitor in the fade at the broken mirror is missing. Amulet of Power for Varric in Valammar is missing. Amulet of Power for Cole from killing Imshael is missing. I've seen reports that the high dragons don't drop amulets of power anymore (for Ironbull and Varric).

So yeah...not only is the amulet of power exploit fixed, but they removed half a dozen amulets of power in the process. I keep hoping someone will add a mod where someone sells them at a reasonable rate. It would be nice to use considering the missing amulets ala patch 5.

use cheat engine

buy respec amulet

reassign respect as one of the amulets of power ( main, Cassandra, solas .... )

works fine

I'd pay to see a tutorial about this. i've seen tutorials on how to give gold, or how to dup crafting mats to buy back. But I have no idea how you'd go about finding the hex code for the respec amulet, let alone how to change it to something else.

Ever since patch 5 removed nearly every amulet of power found within a chest/loot I've been a bit reluctant to play.

I was not able to figure out how to use the shop editor or item inventory editor, but the party editor works great. I changed my # of abilities from 0 to 1. Fast traveled. Bam now I have a point to spend. Save and exit CheatEngine.

*EDIT* I take it back. Even though I had an extra skill, when I respe'c I lost it. I guess I have to go back to figuring out the shop inventory editor.

*EDIT2* Ok, I finally have a solution to the missing amulets of power via Patch 5. It does require Cheat Engine. I have not been able to change item codes; however, if you can obtain 1 amulet, then in cheat engine activate shop editor, inventory editor, and infinite shop. Sell your amulet of power to a vendor. Exit vendor. Re-activate vendor and go to the 'buy back' and you should see your amulet of power. It'll look like their is just 1. But when you buy it back, it won't disappear. Then you can buy as many as you want.

FYI the following amulets of power are missing in the PC version (even using a new-save post-patch):

1) Inquisitor amulet from forbidden oasis

2) Inquisitor amulet from broken mirror

3) Varric Amulet in Valammar

4) Varric amulet from high dragon

5) Iron Bull amulet from Hivernal dragon

6) Vivienne amulet during wicked eyes and wicked grace

7) Dorian's amulet in still ruins

8 )Dorian's amulet from griffon keep

9) Ironbull's amulet from crestwood dragon

There are probably more. The only amulets that spawn in a chest that I have been able to find are Cassandra's in Fallow Mire, Blackwall's in Adamant, and the patched Crestwood amulet. Every other amulet is suspect.

Edited by bigdawg78

I havn't played with newer patches than Patch 2 for a long time. I can't say if Patch 5 removed farming for all power amulets.
There are more spots though. Try checking the last coffin in 'Cold endured' in The Temple Of Pride.
I think they manually have to remove all these exploits one by one.

I run on patch 5, full specs, and a steady capped 60 fps, except in a few places... while recording with Shadow-play. No problems noticed what so ever. i never even use amulets of power, unless i accidentally find one.. If i want to cheat, i use a trainer.. easy, fast, and reliable.

Must say i don't use mods.. they tend to lengthen my loading times considerably.

Not related, but maybe useful to someone: They removed the experience exploit from Skyhold as well..

JFYI.