We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Explosives too weak :( - How to tweak 'em?

sinthesis

Hello Wastelanders :)

Well, I think all the explosives are kinda too weak. Way too weak. When I fire Missiles or grenades or throw plasma grenades and dynamite, I want it to turn my enemies to pieces xD. Even my 10mm submachine gun is stronger. I know it does splash damage, but I'm just not satisfied with it. So what I'd like to do is to let all grenades, dynamite, missile launcers, grenade launchers, mines etc do maybe double damage (would play around with that a bit though), in exchange for higher ammo weight and decreased rate of fire, for example. Or maybe the ammo gets way more expensive and rarer. Something like this :)

If there is a mod out there, that does that, I'd be thankful if you could direct me. Though I'd like to freely change the values myself. I have absolutely no modding experience, so is it a lot of complicated modding work? Or only a few clicks and entering some numbers?

Thanks and greets!

you can always open the Geck and play with the damage values yourself, make them as powerful as you want. Im always playing with damage values from gun mods i download just to suit my own preferances.. :thumbsup:

you can always open the Geck and play with the damage values yourself, make them as powerful as you want. Im always playing with damage values from gun mods i download just to suit my own preferances.. :thumbsup:

easy as that? :o nice.. Can I also make them appear lesser in the world and increase their amount and prices at merchants?

easy as that? :o nice.. Can I also make them appear lesser in the world and increase their amount and prices at merchants?

yes, you can do all that with the NV Geck. If you need help with anything just ask here on the forums. There are a lot of people that can help you. :happy:

Okay I tried the Mod and it's going in the right direction. Though it totally unbalances the game. You can simply go anywhere you like, pull out your grenade launcher and kill 10 enemies at the same time. With you not taking any damage because they get bounced around all the time. Which is fun, but the game would become really boring after some time.

So I tried the GECK and after reading some explanations and watching some Videos and just trying stuff, I get a clue of how that program works. Can alter damage, weight, and explosion damage etc. What I do not understand is how to change the knockdown effect. I dont want it "always" or "never". I want it to happen sometimes :).

Im wondering why there isn't a simple textfield where I can enter a number, so it would be like "20 % chance to knock enemy down". Instead there is that Knockdown formula. Which I have no clue about and also no idea where to find or change it and the only explenation i found was "Knock Down Living Actors: Three radio button options. "Always" will always knock down living actors. "By Formula" will determine knockdown according to a formula. "Never" will never knock down living actors.". and this "My link"

Couldn't find stuff about the knockdown formula itself. Can you help me out here?

-edit

Oh, and what's the difference between the "Miss"es and the "Missile"s?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1958/missm.jpg

This is a theorycraft based off my perk mod i've got in pre-release ,

A hidden perk which has grants a % chance to knockdown enemies when using explosive weapons would work.

There's probably a million other ways to do it more efficiently but . . hope that helps :)

- Borch1d

A hidden perk which has grants a % chance to knockdown enemies when using explosive weapons would work.

There's probably a million other ways to do it more efficiently but . . hope that helps :)

- Borch1d

Yeah it could help me until someone takes the time to explain to me how to change the actual knockdown settings (preferably for each weapon). Where can i find that mod / perk?

-edit-

Okay I just tried to create my own perk with mentioned effect, though there is no simple "Chance of knockdown" effect, only several knockdown spells (like MissFortuneKnockdownSpell)

Man this is making me crazy right now :D

Edited by sinthesis

- Borch1d

Yeah it could help me until someone takes the time to explain to me how to change the actual knockdown settings (preferably for each weapon). Where can i find that mod / perk?

You'd have to code it yourself but I can walk you through (most of) it. My perk mod is not bugfree yet so I don't want to upload it yet :P

Step 1: Open Geck / Object Window / Actor Data/ Perks

Step 2: Right Click / New in Perk Window

Step 3: Assign a basic ID aaHP for example and Name "Hidden Comp Perk"

Step 4: Make sure Hidden is checked.

Step 5: Set Level to 2

Step 6: Right click on Perk entries , Input , Entry Point , Knockdown Chance , Set Value , and the % chance you want ie 0.10.

Step7: Go to Perk Owner in same window , Right click new

"IsWeaponInList" , WeaponGrenadeMineList , == , Value 1.000

There's the step by step for the hidden perk :)

-Borch1d

Edit: don't go crazy. I started modding a week ago and it's already way less crazymaking than it was :)