ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Self-Sufficient Power Armor Mod/ All in 1 Power Armor Mod

daydreamdirty

I originally asked Tehganon if he wanted to build this but have not heard any response from him in some time. So I will repost it here.

A set of the Enclave Power Armor with added functions/ perks that would basically make you self sufficient when wearing this armor.

-Regenerates health at about 2 points per sec.

-Has a small built-in workbench that allows you to make the basic types of ammo as well as basic weapons- provided you have the parts of course.

-degrades rather quickly but also self repairs itself slowly so you'll never need to repair it ever again.

-has a built in voice (preferably female)

-2 Agility

-makes you run more slowly

-makes you unable to fall or be knocked back

-jetpack so you can hover (if you can't make it fly)

-built in mini-gun and rocket launcher

-built in Turret that automatically targets and fires without you having to do anything.

Basically this is my idea of a super-powered Power Armor styled after the terminators movies. If you have any interest please send me back a message. Thank you for taking your time to look this over.

more things i just thought up of to add.

-a built in radio station (if you agree to this, i'll get permission from someone who has already made a radio station or modify public audio files for this. Right now I'm thinking of the space patrol radio station from a fallout 3 mod. and yes space patrol is free domain and i have quite a collection of their audio episodes.)

-option to build turrets/ robots from scrap metal and whatever other parts you happen to be carrying

-carrying capacity up to 500 (also if you agree to this I'll ask around for permission to use a backpack mod)

-underwater breathing or being able to breathe longer underwater- whichever one is easier for you.

-a portable tent or portable mattress to be able to "roll out" to sleep on.

-a portable grill (which is already in the game) for use with the survival perk and for making food and drinks.

what i mean by built in weapons are the same type of weapons the robots in the game use, specifically sentry bots that we all see that stand around and guard a certain point. For example, at the entrance to Brotherhood of Steel in fallout 3 were 2 guys and 1 sentry robot. I'm pretty sure there are more of them in New Vegas but not certain. Either way, just I'm hoping some weapon can be hooked up so that I don't need to constantly keep switching weapons because of running out of ammo. For me that's an issue right now. I'm always running out of ammo for a certain type of weapon and need to switch to a weapon with a different caliber.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3732

this is a perfect example of a robotic voice. or the medic armor from fallout 3 that you could find in a tunnel somewhere. That's another good example.

(fixed the link. It goes to the TEK_Crysis Nanosuit for fallout 3)

Edited by daydreamdirty

Maybe not exactly "self-sufficient" But cell-powered Power Armor that has a ALL-IN-ONE function?

Because people don't exactly like super powered armor that makes you godlike.

Maybe you can have a battery pack, that has 3000 units of energy. Using a Fission Battery you'll add 300 units of energy to the battery.

It drains 1 unit of energy every ingame hour.

Some of the function relies on this power source, and without it, you'll notice some drawbacks.

Eventually, at some point you can upgrade the suit to be "Solar Powered" so being outside in the Day will recharge your batteries quickly, but installing this comes with a little cost, lowering your DT a bit and adding a bit more weight to the suit.

So basically, your suit should be upgradable to some extent, and when it reaches the fullest potential, it could become a self-sufficient suit (powered by some mysterious source?). Maybe a RAD reactor, that causes a constant 0.1 RAD per second to you, but allows your suit to be self sufficient.

I took the basic T-45d Power Armor & modified it to your requested stats. I did not see any "Melee Resistance" options via the GECK, but I did modify the Damage resistance, as well as the DT resistance, along with all the other stat changes you wanted, as you will quickly see once you try out the armor for the first time. Once you equip the armor, please review the stats of both the helmet & armor & let me know if they meet your approval. If I may pat my own back, I made my very first & very basic Night Vision script for your armor that turns on & off automatically. Off during the day & On at night. Of course with my luck, it'll not work for you.. :tongue:

- I re-named the Power Armor set to "T45-E Power Armor Prototype" so that it has a unique ID & thus does not overwrite any vanilla items in-game.

- The Merchant in Goodsprings has hidden the armor set in a secret stash along the outside of his building. ( Hint: Workbench )

- I used the Power Armor you mentioned. There are in my opinion however, much better looking Power Armor sets in the game than the T-45d, so if you don't like that particular suit, I can modify others just as easily.

- As for permission to modify it, please by all means feel free to make whatever changes you want with it. No permission or credit is necessary.

Let me know what you think. I'll gladly make whatever tweaks you want, provided they are in my limited array of GECK skills. I work graveyard, so it may be several hours between reply's to your messages.

Oh.. I guess a link to be able to download the mod might help.. power armor

-MRG

MRG is the guy who made the beta so if you want to test it out, feel free.

Can't post the link to the actual entire message because it's a private conversation.

Posted Today, 06:54 PM

Maybe not exactly "self-sufficient" But cell-powered Power Armor that has a ALL-IN-ONE function?

Because people don't exactly like super powered armor that makes you godlike.

Maybe you can have a battery pack, that has 3000 units of energy. Using a Fission Battery you'll add 300 units of energy to the battery.

It drains 1 unit of energy every ingame hour.

Some of the function relies on this power source, and without it, you'll notice some drawbacks.

Eventually, at some point you can upgrade the suit to be "Solar Powered" so being outside in the Day will recharge your batteries quickly, but installing this comes with a little cost, lowering your DT a bit and adding a bit more weight to the suit.

So basically, your suit should be upgradable to some extent, and when it reaches the fullest potential, it could become a self-sufficient suit (powered by some mysterious source?).

First off this is not a God mod- it will have it's drawbacks starting with agility. You gave me an idea which i am discussing with MRG. You asked me "Why not make it require a power cell to run?" Well that is a perfect idea so we're looking into it.

Yes it's designed to protect you and to be able to do a lot for you, but this is what i'm trying to get it to do/be:

- make you run slower

- to be easier to be hit when wearing

- harder to dodge

Benefits that it currently gives you:

- +45 to total weight so you can carry it's own weight (also for the Power armor's weight to be 45 pounds)

- +20 rad resistance

- +15 Melee Resistance (I think that is possible but correct me if I'm wrong

- +10 damage resistance (whatever the damage that is called that regular guns make)

- -3 Agility

- +3 Strength

- +1 Perception

- +1 Endurance

- underwater breathing

- Nighttime vision that automatically kicks in (MRG made it all by himself and is something new)

(any more ideas are welcome as well)

(If you have any ideas for any downsides to this, please post them here. i want this to have some more downsides that will make it less of a god mod)