Revivng Classic Fallout Things

simplywayne90

I have been really impressed with New Vegas, since it's reconnected to the classic fallouts more so than FO3 like Cass, I was thinking maybe someone could make a Cassidy Companion, or bring back Skynet, Sulik, or K-9 even. And people should look back on those games for other things you may have wanted to see in 3D, or things you missed in the last 2 games. I also really loved random encounters, by with I mean the "Cafe of Broken Dreams" or the godzilla footprint or the bridge of death. I'm sure someone could find ways to make random encounters that are funny and rewarding somehow. Or someone could make the hubologist and a compound or have frank horrigan be some extremely rare and bad challenge show up for players who've killed all the baddies and legendaries already. Just pitching out ideas.

I have been really impressed with New Vegas, since it's reconnected to the classic fallouts more so than FO3 like Cass, I was thinking maybe someone could make a Cassidy Companion, or bring back Skynet, Sulik, or K-9 even. And people should look back on those games for other things you may have wanted to see in 3D, or things you missed in the last 2 games. I also really loved random encounters, by with I mean the "Cafe of Broken Dreams" or the godzilla footprint or the bridge of death. I'm sure someone could find ways to make random encounters that are funny and rewarding somehow. Or someone could make the hubologist and a compound or have frank horrigan be some extremely rare and bad challenge show up for players who've killed all the baddies and legendaries already. Just pitching out ideas.

Surprised you didn't name off Marcus. Who I believe ran a town in Fallout 2, where the super mutants were claimed to be forcing the people to their rule. xD When I saw him in NV I actually had a bit of surprise.

I didn't name him off since hes already been put in the game, plus I'm sure there are already mods to have him as a companion. But I meant the revivial of the others like Cassidy was my favorite companion in out of those games, he was fun and sarcastic. Plus he kicked ass. And then people forget the other awesome things from the old games, like modders could use the old perks or recycle the old perk pics for new ones, build on lore like Sulik came a village elder and is in the mojave to fight the legion since their slavers. Things like that.

I didn't name him off since hes already been put in the game, plus I'm sure there are already mods to have him as a companion. But I meant the revivial of the others like Cassidy was my favorite companion in out of those games, he was fun and sarcastic. Plus he kicked ass. And then people forget the other awesome things from the old games, like modders could use the old perks or recycle the old perk pics for new ones, build on lore like Sulik came a village elder and is in the mojave to fight the legion since their slavers. Things like that.

I see a few problems with these suggestions, fist off Cassidy is somewhere to the east, and most likely dead of either old age or his heart condition. As for Sulik, according to cannon, NCR controls basically everything west of the Colorado river if I understand it correctly and I don't think they would let a savage tribe stay there, now its possible you could have then near the river and say they were constantly on the move to stay in front of the NCR but that is a bit of a stretch. I'm personally fine with the level of stuff they have brought back from FO1&2.

Yeah Cassidy would have to be non-canon, I meant as a just for fun mod, Sulik on the other hand, could be in the mojave escaping from NCR possibly, and I agree more whimsical special encounters and easter eggs.

Other things that could be added is quests about topics from the originals,

I mean wouldn't New Reno and New Vegas have some contact since they are both neon-lite corrupted hell holes?

Or the fact that jet is still floating around?

Or the expansion of the NCR or Brotherhood, I mean there are big gaps in the history of some things in fallout due to changing developers and studios

so why not have modders fill in the gaps with there own ideas,

or ideas from the Fallout Bible By Chris Avellone (One of the Original Creators)

I recently saw someone brought back the Children Of The Cathedral (Humans In The Masters Plan)

I've decide to put up a few links to the Vault wiki for those who are unfamiliar with classic Fallout so that maybe someone new will see that these characters should be brought back even if it makes no sense at all, just for fun, (like crazy sulik)

Fallout 2 Compainions List

Edited by Vagrant0