Shunned with NCR but they still dont attack me?

junjo75

This is so ridiculous. Even with this new patch...and I am a Merciful Thug w/ the NCR...I can still walk around any of their camps without being attacked. Has anyone found a work around fix for this? I find it hard to believe that there isnt a mod that fixes this on Nexus yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I think my game is bugged. I have been branded a terrorist by the NCR for helping Mr. House as well as painting NCR outposts with their blood and gore and was even informed I would be shot on sight, yet they don't attack me when I approach them. Maybe they have realized how facile my victories against them are and that attacking me would be suicide.

I don't think that "Shunned" is enough for them to attack on sight.

However, when I was shunned by NCR, I met a group of rangers who threatened to attack me if I don't raise my reputation with NCR within three days. But that time I was not ready to fight with them, so I responded politely and did Ambassador Crocker's quest in three days, thus restoring my reputation. Don't know what would have happened if I hadn't done it.

these guys will give you a couple warnings but if you dont improve your rep you will have to fight them at some point as they will attack you

FYI - they move very fast and have high DT levels so be prepaired if you decide you are going to engage them

i find it doesnt matter what your status is for them so they will not attack you as a default, i believe all that matters is once you actually kill some of them then you will be deemed an enemy and then they shoot at you

also what you wear (and what your companion is wearing) determines if they shoot at you.

my first go round i was swapping out NCR and Legion armour and was always getting shot at on site. now i stick to regular clothes and can walk into most places without issue

the game is also cooked so no matter what your enemy status is, caesar brings you into camp like your buddies to do the job for him so unless you start shooting when you get there you end up in this strange cease fire environment which makes no sense at all. IMO this is one of the biggest nerfs in the game and something different should have been planned for a situation if you and the Legion are enemies.

Edited by webster63

• 2 weeks later...

it seems that even being Vilvified doesnt make them attack you on sight and I checked it a on a few saves ...

I went to camp Forlorn Hope and Razed it to the f***in ground leaving nothing but blood in there

I slaughtered everyone in camp mccarran

I used my trusty Anti-Material rifle in point blank to shoot the commanding ranger in Camp Golf ..and the misfits -- 'twas fun !

I cleaned the Mojave Outpost by shouting "Ave to Caeser - Death to NCR!" or somthing close to that reference ...

I killed everyone in the Primm NCR camp

I butchered everyone in the dam BEFORE the big fight ...

and still I was never attacked on sight

so ....I dunno

NCR is a pretty big faction - I guess they made it so that they never attack on sight because if they would it means going into the Strip impossible

oh and have I mentioned that while going to Amb. Crocker i used the Ranger's leader dude's Ranger Sequia to blow Crockers face apart ?