Game runs very slow....sometimes

drnate29

DAI works great about 50% of the time, the other 50% it is very sluggish. Does anyone know of common, "running in the background" applications that might be causing this? I don't change any of the settings when I play, and run it on fairly low settings and with no mods. Just doing single-player. I've tried turning off Origins Overlay and going offline, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs: Alienware 18X, GeForce GTX580M, Intel Core i7-2860QM [email protected], 16GB RAM, Windows 7, 1920x1080 60Hz resolution

I have experienced the same. It got worse after the latest NVIDIA driver.

I regularly get a slowdown / freeze a second or three.
I run the game with 'High' settings.

Bioware has had a lot of trouble with GeForce owners. They have still not solved the cutscene crashes. Do you crash at the War Table if you stay too long or by longer personal conversations with cinematics?

Specs: Win7, GeForce GTX660, i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 16GB RAM, 1440x900 @ 75Hz.

I use a Nvidia card, play on full specs..no mods.. and never noticed any problems, except a stutter in haven, on the stairs. I did a "repair game" with origin after the patching to 5... maybe that makes a difference. I'd be interested to hear if that does....

I had terrible CtD/DirectX issues until I rolled my driver back to ver. 347.25.

Now I run with everything set to "Ultra" or "High", (and MSAA 2X) on my GTX 770/2GB.

No problems! :thumbsup: