Your best game ever?

evildead789

No i didn't say that. Wikipedia makes some references to articles in newspapers who can explain what i mean

BioShock has received wide critical acclaim: mainstream press reviews have praised the immersive qualities of the game and its political dimension. The Boston Globe described it as "a beautiful, brutal, and disquieting computer game ... one of the best in years," and compared the game to Whittaker Chambers's 1957 riposte to Atlas Shrugged, Big Sister Is Watching You. Wired also mentioned the Ayn Rand connection (a partial anagram of Andrew Ryan) in a report on the game which featured a brief interview with Levine.The Chicago Sun-Times review said

I never once thought anyone would be able to create an engaging and entertaining video game around the fiction and philosophy of Ayn Rand, but that is essentially what 2K Games has done ... the rare, mature video game that succeeds in making you think while you play.

The Los Angeles Times review concluded, "Sure, it's fun to play, looks spectacular and is easy to control. But it also does something no other game has done to date: It really makes you feel."[95] The New York Times reviewer described it as: "intelligent, gorgeous, occasionally frightening" and added, "Anchored by its provocative, morality-based story line, sumptuous art direction and superb voice acting, BioShock can also hold its head high among the best games ever made."

I hope that clarifies it.

It's like comparing chess with card games. Both are very popular but chess has something deeper to it that not all people can grasp.That's why some people just like card games more.

Greetz

Edited by evildead789

My top 5 list:

1. Oblivion (with mods)

2. Fallout 3 (with mods)

3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (with Oblivion Lost ULTIMATE (which includes the Arsenal mod))

4. Warcraft 3

5. Probably either System Shock 2, Morrowind, or Deus Ex

Both are very popular but chess has something deeper to it that not all people can grasp.

That is all you needed to say. Seriously. And Wiki ain't your best source; I'd look at Wiki's own sources.

I still wouldn't phrase it like that, just personally. You make it sound like again, it is impossible for some people to appreciate the game to its fullest. I'd like to think we all can. Perhaps "difficult to grasp" or "hard to grasp" would be better. =/ The word "intelligent" has this very logical connotation, with the opposite being things like unintelligent, primitive and maybe even dumb or stupid. It is these associations that make me not like the usage here.

But I see your point and I do agree. The storyline is great and has a good level of complexity in it that might be hard for some people to get their heads a hold of. :)

Oh, and yes. That means I do disagree with the New York Time's reviewer's description. Just in that one part.

Edited by AliasTheory

Both are very popular but chess has something deeper to it that not all people can grasp.

That is all you needed to say. Seriously.

Ok i can see your point , maybe next time i choose my words more carefully :smile: .

To thor,i'm installing borderlands right now. I'm curious... If this is your best game ever, this should be a really good game.

I just finished oblivion without extensions though but i'm need of something new, something real new. I enjoyed oblivion a lot.

It has to be in my top five (wink @ the poster that oblivion has as nr1). I hope borderlands can give me a good thrill because there aren't a lot of games that will beat oblivion for me .

My Top 4:

1. Oblivion (with mods)

2. Fallout 3 (with mods)

3. Bloodlines (patched)

4 Fallout New Vegas (patched and with mods)

Bloodlines is not playable without the unofficial patch but it is a great last gift of Troika games....

I dont like V: The Masquerade so its not in the list and the story is not catching me.....

I dont know if Rage will top all these games but it seems to be a great idea...

So either FO4 or Rage will top all these games.....

Edited by Valasthor

Isn't that vampire bloodlines : the masquerade i can't seem to find another bloodlines.

Speaking of vampires , i liked bloodrayne a lot.

And i never played bloodlines, maybe i should but i need to know which one because you say not V:the masquerade but if i search on bloodlines the only game i can find is vampire : the masquerade...

Edited by evildead789

Yes its Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines....

"Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption" is based on the pen & paper RPG "Vampire: Dark Ages" and its a game with a medieval setting....

The classical setting for V :TM is the present in an alternate timeline...

It takes place in the nineties...

The problem of this game are the bugs and the uninteresting setting if you dont go for the Middle-Age...

I did not understand the change of the setting...

At the end of the game you are acting in the late nineties but it makes no difference..

All in all its pretty liveless...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont really prefer this setting but I could understand if some people like it...

All in all the game was not my cup of tea...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer "Bloodlines" which takes place in the year 2003...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody talks about Gehenna and Doomsday...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was really impressed when I talked to Kain and did not know if it was really Kain or a Malkavian who believes he is Kain...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both games are commercials for the pen & paper games...but Bloodlines was funny, lively and in a better state...

And you really knew Gehenna was yet to come and this world as we knew it would end....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Valasthor

Bioshock 1 and 2 are tied in first place for my favourite games of all time.

I adore the Bioshock series so much. They have amazing environments, the music is just perfect and the art is beautiful. The story of Bioshock took my breath away, it's outstanding. The story of Bioshock 2 was good, it was nothing compared to the story of Bioshock 1, but it still moved me, and I had a tears in my eyes at the end of it. The DLC that came out a while ago, Minerva's Den, was also great. The story of that was closer to the story twist in Bioshock 1, and I almost cried at the end of it, it really moved me a lot.

And Rapture is just... Out of this world. It's absolutely beautiful, and I'm sad that they won't be returning to it in Bioshock Infinite, as to me, that takes away a lot of the essence of 'Bioshock', but we'll see.

TL;DR version: Bioshock FTW.

In 2nd place would have to be the Mass Effect series.