New oblivion player, modding choices.

Geles

Hello everyone, im a new member of the community andI used to be very into playing oblivion on the console. Sadly my console broke about 2 years ago and I hadnt played, up until now. All the mods on this site open up totally new possibilities and make gameplay so much more fun. I couldn't imagine oblivion without all the fix ups now, and probably couldn't go back to using a console.

Basically what I need help with is deciding on mods. First ill show you what I have tested in game and made work and intend to reinstall the game with. Second ill ask you about finding mods or recommended mods.

Heres what I have done and intend to redo less messily so far.

OBLIVION REINSTALL-

PERFORMANCE-

unofficial oblivion patch

unofficial shivering patch

obmm

obse 18

tes construction

Crash preventor

universal silent voices

streamline!

script effect silencer

boss

APPEARANCE-

Darnified UI

Alive waters

All natural base/esp/ sl esp

unique castles

Alluring potions

Lumi enchantment

Window lighting/chimney

Gameplay-

Midas Spells

enhanced grabbing

sm combat hide

bag of holding

DMC stylish

+5 attributes

True acrobatics

Ammazing jump

Player-

rens beauty

Armor/weapons-

tyrael armor- dark retex later

Blackluster

Music-

Replace starting music/some town themes with lotr

Homes-

?

Tasks-

organize folders

create creature siz mod

create race mod

Change armors/weps/ with tes construct set

run boss

Test game

perfect starting character

Begin playing

So thats the intended route I was going for, but a few things im dissapointed about and want to find are missing. I dont like the games leveling system, are there any mods that change the game to be based on skill? I want the game to be more realistic in fighting. for example, a character im fighting would die in two to six slashes depending on the weapon, and yet the same could possibly happen to me if I dont play tactically enough.

Is wrye bash worth taking the time to learn how to use? Seems confusing but a lot of people consider it the best possible mod.

A good home anyone reccommends?

Any personal reccomendations? Nothing sexual, I considered some things such as eyecandy but ultimately decided that it would take the focus away from the gameplay for me.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Is wrye bash worth taking the time to learn how to use? Seems confusing but a lot of people consider it the best possible mod.

Wrye Bash is a requirement for All Natural, which is in your wish list.

EDIT: IIRC, OBSE 19 is also a requirement now for All Natural according to the readme...

Wrye Bash is a requirement for All Natural, which is in your wish list.

EDIT: IIRC, OBSE 19 is also a requirement now for All Natural according to the readme...

haha, then I must have totally failed at installing all natural then :wallbash:

Thanks for the info

As far as house mods go, my favorite is Vaernlor Manor.

For combat overhauls, go with Deadly Reflex and/or Unnecessary Violence.

Quest mods? The Lost Spires is the best; I can't really remember any others that have stood out to much compared to that one. I guess Dungeon of Ivellon.

And yes. Wrye Bash for sure. It's not a mod, so much as it is a utility. It is kinda difficult to learn, which is why it took me forever to try, but once you do, it makes things a whole lot easier.

Hi Geles! I find myself in the same position as you are with the only difference being that I never played Oblivion before. But instead starting out with plain vanilla I opted for getting it all at once. So I too wondered what mods to install. And landed on this site: What to mod?

It is an extensive and comprehendable list of useful mods sorted by different topics and all working with one another when on the loadlist. Personally I recommend adding the Realistic Leveling mod for the whole effective leveling thing drives me mad. :biggrin: So I placed this one mod at the end of the list and it works fine.

Interesting strategy, Geordy, but I wonder if it's the best one. Honestly, I enjoy a lot of the vanilla aspects of Oblivion that people mod over from the get go, and you may too, but you won't have a chance to know for yourself if you start with the mods. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting your decision by any stretch, but the mods are really most helpful for tailoring your own Oblivion experience, and I've found everyone seems to take a slightly different approach to the game.

The TEZNEXUS offers a plethora of mod for Oblivion. Prsonal I'm a HUGE fan of Race mods. The races that Oblivon have to offer can becom a bit boring after a while. I would recomend using some Race Mods. The ones I would suggest are the Kaleen Race, Moon Elf Race, and I would highly recoment DeusChan's Kawa-Khajiit Race. There should be only one Kaleen race avalible so you can find that one easily, the Moon Elf Race however, I'me not sure which one I downloaded that I'm using currently.

Kawa-Khajiit

I recommend:

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul,

Living Economy (and the Cutthroat Merchants that comes with it),

Deadly Reflex as reccomended earlier,

Supreme Magicka,

ParasiteX's New Vampires,

and Frostcrag Reborn.

Also definitely get Quest Award Leveller.

If you want more races I would recommend Ren's Beauty Pack, Ashara's Sirens and Tritons, and the Demon Race by Ismelda and Chingari.