FCOM help

Lehcar

So exactly what do I need to download in order to use FCOM?

I know I need OOO, but apparently I can only download it from Planet Elder Scrolls. But the problem is whenver I try to get anything from there, I get prompted to subscribe to some random file sharing site, and no way in hell is that going to happen... :down:

You don't have to pay to use FilePlanet's download servers. You do need to register an account just like you would here at TESNexus. If you read the page you would see the FREE and PREMIUM options, just like many other sites.

As far as what you need for FCOM. Lots of things. You'll need to do some research before you just dive in head first or you'll have many problems.

The FCOM Official Thread @ Bethsoft

TESIVPOSItive is an excellent site with loads of information on a little bit of everything. You should definitely read over this site.

Wrye Bash - You need to know how to use multiple features of Wrye Bash, especially building a proper Bashed Patch. Read over the HTML ReadMe included in the download. There is also an Online ReadMe, but it's a little dated.

Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide for Newbies is a good starter guide for WB.

FCOM Convergence @ Dev_Akm's site

FCOM Guide @ TESIVPOSItive.

That's it for OOO. You also need Martigen's Monster Mod, Fransesco's mods, and War Cry. Oh yeah, and Wrye Bash. Installing that (and getting it to actually start) is almost as frustrating as installing FCOM.

Don't let the above posts fool you. While they are invaluable links and you should definitely read them, it's not actually necessary to do loads of technical research before installing FCOM. Just follow these two sites:

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/convergence.html

and

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/fcominstall.html

Follow them both at once. It took me six hours to get it right the first time.

Two more things:

All those different versions of OOO are necessary. Make sure you extract every single meshes and textures folder from every single one of those OOO versions.

Remember to rename the MMM.bsa into FCOM_Convergence_Mart'sMonsterMod.bsa, or you'll get the infamous green dead bodies error. This step is not anywhere on the instructions of either page.

Don't give up. FCOM really is worth the trouble. It's the little things that make it great. Ask any questions you have. It's a tough one, so don't feel bad if you have to take frequent breaks from the install process and let your mind settle by doing brain surgery or planning spaceflight missions.

Edited by Megatarius

As the others have said, the full OOO is on fileplanet. (You do not need to pay or anything, just register a free account). Personally I have only downloaded the 1.33 complete version of OOO and then the 1.34b5 patch without needing to download anything else from FilePlanet.

Assuming you have the FCOM files second major download would be MMM, and it's diverse waterlife update if you use that.

Third major download is Fran's, you can use both installers or the one installer with optimized BSA, as long as you install it in FCOM fashion you'll be fine.

WarCry is optional, I don't personally use it anymore but if you use it make sure you have the recent patches for it.

The other downloads you should get would be the extra patches such as Entropic Order Rebalance and Dark Seducer Weapon Fix.

Make sure to always read the FCOM post in the Bethsoft forum as it will have the most updated news from their dev team, and there is a handy thread "50 steps to stable FCOM" which has a lot of information.

If you need anymore answers I can go in detail for anything :)