Game soundtracks

Amoramor

This one's a bit tricky-since it actualy has six soundtracks-a diferent one for each species.

WarHammer 40K DOW II's martial/orchestral chords wouldnt make a half bad national anthom, The Space Marine's theme tracks, especialy the unnamed song from the campaign victory screen, are particularly epic in a strong, martial way. They also perfectly suit the faction they are accompanying.

Other than that; I think Halo ODST would be my absolute favorite. I dont really know why, but it's easily my favorite out of all the Halo series. My second favorite is Halo 2, especialy the one from the begining of the last Arbiter level, that one something special.

And Sins Of A Solar Empire and EVE Online round out that list. Sins' startup music is spectacularly evocative, EVE's got a fantastic soundtrack, and massvie variety to suit your tastes. And good jukebox to customise playlists, with typical EVE efficiency and grace.

Out of games that dont use licenced music; DIrT 2 and Burnout Paradise's rock/heavy metal perfectly suits the subject matter; charging around a racetrack in four tons of V-8 muscle car.