Problem Downloading Some Mods

esmith

Hello to All!

I'm having trouble with downloading mods -- some downloads open the "save" option window while others go directly to a "temporary" folder, in which case searching for the downloaded file shows no results. This is very strange, especially since many of the latter files worked before! I haven't changed any security settings and can't figure this out. Can anyone explain why this is happening and what I might do to solve the problem? Or.... Does anybody know if there's a way to redirect so that downloads can be saved into a folder I choose? My game just doesn't feel complete without the mods I've enjoyed using for so long.

By the way, kudos to all modders and support staff who make the Oblivion experience so amazing -- my absolute favorite RPG of all time!!!

Thanks!

Okay I use Firefox and all downloads ask whether you want to Open or Save. Here is how it works...

When you click on the file to download an additional window opens that will have two different scenarios.

--Scenario 1: File is under 2MB and the window says "Downloading File" but does not allow you to choose the download location. In this case you just wait a few seconds and the "What should Firefox do with this file?" opens. You then select "Save" or "Open with". You then click OK and the file will be downloaded to the location you have specified by your Browser.

--Scenario 2: File is over 2MB and the window says "Normal Servers" and "Premium Servers". You select a server closest to your location and then wait a few seconds for the "What should Firefox do with this file?" opens. You then select "Save" or "Open with". You then click OK and the file will be downloaded to the location you have specified by your Browser.

That's the only two scenarios I'm aware of using Firefox here at TESNexus. (I imagine other browsers behave very similar) I have Firefox configured to always download to a specified folder. You can configure this in the Tools > Options > General tab.

That's all I got for this.

Edited by Smooth613

Okay I use Firefox and all downloads ask whether you want to Open or Save. Here is how it works...

When you click on the file to download an additional window opens that will have two different scenarios.

--Scenario 1: File is under 2MB and the window says "Downloading File" but does not allow you to choose the download location. In this case you just wait a few seconds and the "What should Firefox do with this file?" opens. You then select "Save" or "Open with". You then click OK and the file will be downloaded to the location you have specified by your Browser.

--Scenario 2: File is over 2MB and the window says "Normal Servers" and "Premium Servers". You select a server closest to your location and then wait a few seconds for the "What should Firefox do with this file?" opens. You then select "Save" or "Open with". You then click OK and the file will be downloaded to the location you have specified by your Browser.

That's the only two scenarios I'm aware of using Firefox here at TESNexus. (I imagine other browsers behave very similar) I have Firefox configured to always download to a specified folder. You can configure this in the Tools > Options > General tab.

That's all I got for this.