Cyrodiil's dirty little secret...

majikmonkee

...is everyone's underwear. I know Oblivion takes place in a fantasy setting, but we can assume that since we see the wealthy and distinguished types wearing colorful, clean and occasionally white garments, Cyrodiil knows the secret of cleaning clothes (you never see it, but there are no toilets either). So why, I ask you, does everyone, rich and poor alike, wear the same dirty looking underwear? I'm sure lazy programming is partly to blame, but why not make the default something less ugly?

I don't notice it so much when I'm stripping poor dopes who try to kill me of all their clothes, however, I was playing a mod the other day during the course of which my character engaged in a (cover your eyes, kids) sexual encounter. That alone came as a surprise, but unfortunately, what wasn't surprising was when the characters involved both awoke the next day wearing...you guessed it...dirty underwear. Sort of killed the "romance" if you know what I mean...

Install one of the body mods. Robert male for males obvious and take your pick from one of the few hundreds available for females. Nudity is a lot more fun. :yes:

Not a bad idea, and I've sort of looked into this, however, most of the body mods seem to overwrite the original underwear and can't be easily turned off. Not an issue usually, but I do have some nephews who play the game occasionally when they visit my wife and I, and they were already chuckling about NPC's in their skivies after they looted them, I don't want to give them their first sex-ed lesson the next time they're on there...lol

On a side note, I did download a fairly innocent looking underwear mod that was just esp files, but when I played the game I noticed no difference. The description of the file name had the word "Imperial" in it though even though I didn't see anything about just affecting one race in the download description.

:laugh: ha ha! Dirty underwear, never heard that one. Heas a link to the body mod that I use, it is a nude replacer. Not the best but It works for me. I've found the best thing abut it is that some armour shows skin textures that make the next textures and the torso textures two different colours and it just looks weird - it happens with aromour mods quite offten. This mod gets rd of that.

HEX body

When you say nude, does it remove the underwear from male characters as well? Or just the tops from females? Because I take pants from my victims but not if I have to see them going commando! That's scarier than the dirty underwear. One of my companions has a"let's get some sleep" command where she gets in her undies and crawls into the nearest bed. I'm no prude but making her sleep naked would definitely make me blush...