To cheat, or not to cheat?

JohannesGunn

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use cheat mods or console commands?

Sure do. I treat games the same as movies and think they ALL should have infinte ammo and health cheats or options. How many bullets did they go through in The Matrix? More than you can get in most of these games probably. Characters never die unless it's part of the story so think it should be the same here. Besides it saves a few seconds of having to reload or a few minutes to hours of retrying and frustration.

Saveable cheats too,none of this enable the cheat and you can't save crap some games do,turning off achievements is fine. I wouldn't be able to carry all those outfits around anyway if I didn't cheat. :laugh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cheat to carry extra weight and to get around the minigames, there's an excellent skeleton key mod that gets around having to open things with the console, there's is also one that makes hacking quick and simple.

I generally avoid cheating and mostly use the console to fix quest bugs and the like (so I've used the console a lot :laugh:). A few things are open to interpretation as to whether or not they involve cheating, such as giving a wandering NPC 5,000 extra HP because I don't like the idea of them being pwned on their travels. Some examples are more obvious, though, such as unlocking a door that's beyond my lockpicking skills because I want to see what's behind it and now at level 30 I'm not going to get my lockpick attribute up to 100 even with a skill book; I think the most conspicuous example was adding the final two items required to repair that bloody food processor at the McCarran eaterie but I'd already expended far more effort on the sodding thing than could possibly be justified anyway. >:(

Er anyway, in general terms "no", with certain exceptions.

I cheat to carry extra weight and to get around the minigames, there's an excellent skeleton key mod that gets around having to open things with the console, there's is also one that makes hacking quick and simple.

lol. I carry both of those keys on my characters in FO3 and NV. I HATE the hacking minigame so much. I played FO3 on the 360 for an embarrassing number of hours and feel like I've paid my dues. I don't hack terminals anymore.

lol. I carry both of those keys on my characters in FO3 and NV. I HATE the hacking minigame so much. I played FO3 on the 360 for an embarrassing number of hours and feel like I've paid my dues. I don't hack terminals anymore.

I think I'll use your post as inspiration: I normally don't mind the hacking minigame, but just a bit too often it decides to be utterly bloody-minded and I think I can do without any more of its antics now!

I use backpack mods, but I really don't consider that cheating, since it makes sense to have a backpack.

I'm afraid that cheating would make the game go too fast and spoil the fun.

I agree that anyone with any sense in the Wasteland would carry a backpack. It would increase your survivability by a large margin.

I use console commands all the time to test mods and ah... make my character prettier. O and take screenshots that don't suck with a crap camera angle. Very rarely use it for a bugged quest.

I think I'm like most folks, finish the game without using so called cheats or mods even, and then replay the game, with some cheats, ie like giving myself a skill book or more money, and have more fun. And of course, mod crazy.