ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dual wielding <.<

Aresylus

Now, I'm pretty sure this has probably come up before. I also understand the complexity that this may imply. Since I started playing NV I've had this serious itch, I happen to have several pistols, and one-handed weapons I love to carry with me but have always wanted to use more than one at one time. Well it goes without saying that I'm sure I'm not the only one, and well the concept sounds awesome. A suggestion could be possibly making the off-hand weapon fire with the right click, or fire in tandem with one another. I haven't thoroughly thought this through, but I'd appreciate any suggestions to make this idea a reality.

From what I heard its very hard to script into Gamebryo, your not the first to ask this, as it got asked probably once every week in the Fallout 3 requests bin. Some modders apparently did put dual wielding with swords into Oblivion. But the left sword only swept and the game interpreted the damage coming from the right, it was only an animations thing

An animation thing huh? Well to be completely honest, I could live with just the looks. The additional damage is just a bonus, but would it be possible to do it with New Vegas? Oblivion and New Vegas are two different games.

Just looking at GECK, it looks possible, you would need to make it a separate weapon altogether with all new animations, fire rate, reload animations, new scripts, and the list goes on.

In other words it would be a huge project involving several very expensive editing programs, I doubt the free programs would cut it, and several people. Most modders don't want to make that much effort for something so small and near useless, we have plenty of weapons already why spend so much time and effort on another?

Im not saying I don't want dual weapons, it's just too much for too little. Maybe the developers will see all these pleas for dual weapons and put them in some DLC.

Im not saying I don't want dual weapons, it's just too much for too little. Maybe the developers will see all these pleas for dual weapons and put them in some DLC.

Considering how people have requested this since the first week Fallout 3 came out, I highly doubt that.

Considering how people have requested this since the first week Fallout 3 came out, I highly doubt that.

I do too but im an optimist, and just keep hoping they will listen. Im sure it can be done but just the animation would take a long time and a lot of work.

Something simple like that, make single weapon with the animations for akimbo. The looks are my only concern, but if that it's self is too difficult, I can wait. In due time, a version of this may come out. Time will tell ;3