Insant Tagging for members with High AP

Zaldir

I often browse TESNexus for files in need of tagging, and stumble upon old mods which seems almost forgotten and hidden underneath all the new mods.

- of course, these mods are not tagged, so I tag them. But how much does that really help? What is the odds that 2 others will come and tag that file?

So, my suggestion is that people with (very) high AP from tagging gets instant tags - this makes it easier for us who wants to tag everything that is out there to actually accomplish that. :)

The reason why only those with High AP should get instant Tagging is to avoid users abusing it.

If Instant Tagging is too much, maybe lower the amount of tags required from 3 to 2 for people with High AP?

If Instant Tagging is too much, maybe lower the amount of tags required from 3 to 2 for people with High AP?

As far as I know only moderators can instant tag and it should stay that way. This is still a good idea, but mayby the second option you mentioned would be better. Many modders don't tag thier files becouse they don't pay enough attention to all the options they have available to use when they upload a file. I don't like the idea of giving individuals full power over something, it could be abused. It might be an option if we'd also have the posibility to reverse or cancel one's tags, but even so, the sistem could still be abused becouse how in the world you'll know wich file out of 20.000 has bad taggs?

Edited by Pushkatu

Authors can also insta-tag their own files. I'd recommend letting authors know about search tags...maybe go through all the files uploaded today (or previous day) and tag them...then leave a comments letting the author know you've suggested a few tags...which they can authorize instantly without having to look to see which tags apply...you could do the work for them. Some people will appreciate it, others will discover the helpful option and do it themselves.

For old files though, it will just have to be one-z, two-z.

LHammonds