Minor Animations

Nenilai

Anyone know how to make animations that can control a certain part of the body, I tried to make a few animations like custom staff holding anims, and orb carrying anims and such but not working, how the hell did the game have an animation for holding a torch and such, where you can talk and walk and do other things, I've tried to lower the animation priority on all bipeds, I've tried deleting all useless bones, nothing works, the avatar just stands there with their hands held out and anytime I asign the animation in the idles area of the toolset, when it triggers nothing else can trigger at that time, they don't fuse together. I hope I'm making sense with all this.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I couldn't make sence of that one. And English is my only language. Please repost without the run on sentence. I would reccomend finding a good tutorial on animations and following that one before you try to jump into the deep end. It sounds like you know most of what you have to do, but there are a lot of tutorials on this forum. I'm sure that one of them should work.

... how the hell did the game have an animation for holding a torch and such, where you can talk and walk and do other things

Because the game has special idles, like torchidle.kf and onhandtorchidle.kf

I've tried deleting all useless bones, nothing works, the avatar just stands there with their hands held out and anytime I asign the animation in the idles area of the toolset, when it triggers nothing else can trigger at that time, they don't fuse together.

It is possible (at least to some extent), and the sytem does it al the time (torch, stagger, idle, ..). But I have found no tut or something what describes what is possible. The best I know is this Bone Priorities. Torches are not a good example though, because "torch" is hard-coded in the system.

I think, the best option for a modder is a specialidle, with the relevant bone priorities close to 100 (but not exceeding !!!). I have once written a "hands up" pose specialidle with very high arm bone priorities. With a pickidle and a follow package at the same time, the NPC was actually following with hands up, BUT...

... while walking/running hands were only up about 90%, whatever I did with my idle's bone priorities. So I believe it is not a "race" between the animation where the highest priority wins, it's more likely a blending with some priority based percentages.