ArchiveInvalidInvalidated

rmt446

In the description of several mods, I have seen a reference to ArchiveInvalidInvalidated...that has to be created or changed.

What is ArchiveInvalidInvalidated? I have seen it referred to as ArchiveInvalidInvalidated.txt and ArchiveInvalidInvalidated!.bsa.

I have also seen a reference that you need FO Mod Manager, which I do have. (Do not know how to use FOMM except to maintain load order)

There is no archiveinvaliedinvalidated file in my FONV directory or the DATA directory.

Could someone please explain this to me, what it is, how is it created, how does it work. Please try to keep your explanation

somewhat simple as I know very little about mods and the technical aspect of making changes to files and why.

In the Fallout Mod Manager there is an option that will make it automatically install Archive Invalidation for you.

Yes I understand that...but how do you create what...What do you start with...how does the option work. I can choose

an option but how is it applied..you can't just create something out of thin air.

In the Fallout Mod Manager there is an option that will make it automatically install Archive Invalidation for you.

Yes I understand that...

1 -but how do you create what...

2 - What do you start with...

3 - how does the option work.

4 - I can choose an option but how is it applied..

5 - you can't just create something out of thin air.

1 - you download and install the fallout mod manager

2 - ibid

3 - cyber magic - somebody studied the problem and found the solution

for more information - decode the archive invalidation procedures from

oblivion and fallout3 - they are functionally identical, but New Vegas

through in a steam twist

4 - by the program

5 - yes you can.

Yes I understand that...but how do you create what...What do you start with...how does the option work. I can choose

an option but how is it applied..you can't just create something out of thin air.

Click it with your mouse. As others have just stated, someone else has done all the hard work and brainstorming for us. The program knows what to do and does it correctly. Just one click.

If you install the latest FOMM from here

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36901

And after install, Run it and select Tools from the menu bar, the last option is to toggle Archive Invalidation. Select it and it will start to work.

Simple as that.

Ah! Herculine beat me, As she said but with other words, still puzzled what to do?

Edited by Nimboss