Flail With Physics?!

ADragonCalledGeorge

How possible is it to make a Flail with Physics? We have tons of cool physics mods so do you all think a Flail would be possible? It could have some kind of stagger effect on enemies or even a mini-Fus Ro Dah effect. Any thoughts people? Is there a mod like this already?

The term Flail refers to two different weapons: a two-handed infantry weapon derived from an agricultural tool and a one-handed weapon. The defining characteristic of both is that they involve a separate striking head attached to the handle by a rope, strap or a chain. The two-handed variant saw use in a limited number of conflicts during the European Middle Ages.

the two handed flail is a hand weapon, derived from the agricultural tool of the same name, commonly used in threshing, etc etc..

Above is wiki description of what a flail is, now that I understand what you mean, here is what I think on this matter:

I think it is possible, depending on the amount of polygons used, for I think the flailing part will have lots of motion that will have to be rendered and such.

Apart from physical limitations its a great idea! would be very immersive imo.

I believe that using animations instead of real physics would be devastating for this mod.

The handle should be long enough so that the player doesn't get damaged by the recoil of the head, ever.

Chain or rope which attaches the head to the handle should have certain physical flexibility, yet be rigid enough to avoid clipping, will have to play with some values and number of joints.

The stagger effect isn't a good addition imo, not if its bound to only one weapon. It should depend on the physical force applied or be at least a random % for chance on hit or something.
what would be cool tho, is adding kill moves specifically for this flail weapon/weapon type. Like I can already see an NPC going to the ground head first, being smacked by a spiky flail. sounds good.

As eager as I actually am to see this mod realized, I feel that I don't have the aptitude concerning animations (also for chain joints) to do this on my own. However if someone is willing to introduce it into the game, I am willing to make 3d models and textures or anything that isn't scripting and animating.