Evil Altmer

Lehcar

Why are so many evil characters in the game High Elves? I don't exactly understand what's the deal with so many Altmer being bad guys.

Let's see, in the main quest, we have main villain Mankar Camoran of course, and his two kids, and a large portion of their followers, all of whom are Altmer.

In the Mage's Guild quest, we have the big bad Mannimarco himself who is an Altmer. And a large chunk of the Necromancer population is also Altmeri, including Caranya and Falcar and many of the unnamed necros.

There's also Arquen, who is the sole High Elf in the Dark Brotherhood (unless the player happens to be Altmeri aswell)... and who is a cannibal. Eugh.

And in the Vile Lair DLC, I'm pretty sure that it officially says somewhere that Greywyn Blenwyth (your recently deceased vampire relative) was an Altmer.

The list goes on but I think I got my point across already... I like playing as an Altmer, but why are so many Altmeri characters bad guys? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif

Edited by Lehcar

Good point, I never noticed till you mentioned this. I think if I were to take a guess, Altmer seemed to be considered to be extremely intellectually gifted, and I guess the reasoning is the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to grow tired of the status quo and use your genius for evil scheming. :devil:

Why are so many evil characters in the game High Elves? I don't exactly understand what's the deal with so many Altmer being bad guys.

Let's see, in the main quest, we have main villain Mankar Camoran of course, and his two kids, and a large portion of their followers, all of whom are Altmer.

In the Mage's Guild quest, we have the big bad Mannimarco himself who is an Altmer. And a large chunk of the Necromancer population is also Altmeri, including Caranya and Falcar and many of the unnamed necros.

There's also Arquen, who is the sole High Elf in the Dark Brotherhood (unless the player happens to be Altmeri aswell)... and who is a cannibal. Eugh.

And in the Vile Lair DLC, I'm pretty sure that it officially says somewhere that Greywyn Blenwyth (your recently deceased vampire relative) was an Altmer.

The list goes on but I think I got my point across already... I like playing as an Altmer, but why are so many Altmeri characters bad guys? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif

Would you prefer the overly obvious Dark Elf villains?

What's wrong with being a villain? Not everyone has to be a goody-two-shoes, whatever the race. Besides you forgot a lot of healers and priests who are Altmers, too, like Ohtesse, for instance. Or ones like Ocato (you know who Ocato is, right?).

And other races are well-represented on a nasty side too, like there are many khajiit and redguard bandits around, and just so many nords are drunkards.

Nothing at all wrong with villains. In fact the character I used second most is a true villain, he's never spoken a kind word to anyone or taken on a quest, he simply kills every man, woman and animal in Cyrodiil on sight. Beinga villain is liberating. Of course, he's a dark elf, but my first "good" character I finished all the official main quests with was a dark elf too.