Your favorite leader/president/politician/ruler/monarch/autocrat

DariusMoranda

I wont deny Hitler was a tyrant, but his attempt at domination over Europe was a hell of a good one. Gotta give the guy some credit, in under 10 years he basically created an ultra power military from almost no military. But he was a lunatic, you can't fight the entire world on all fronts and win, but it was still a great attempt, and there really hasn't been a leader since that had the charisma that Hitler did. He was so awesome, he had an entire country follow him like a demented cult. Best villain ever in human history.

well, we have only to forgot he has killed millions of people because of their religion, destroyed art and culture in many countries, stole all wealth in this countries and we can see him as a hero.

i hope we'll never do.

the leader i respect the more is Nelson Mandela.

as a former victim, he didn't know hate whe he became a leader, unlike so many people.

i respect gandhi too, but more for his philosophy that his political

Are you kidding me? Nelson Mandela? He turned South Africa into like what most of the rest of Africa is, a third world crap hole. He deserves to go on the villain list right along with Hitler, Ghengis Khan, Vlad, Mao, Stalin, not necessarily for murdering, but his policies and ideas are doing nothing but making problems worse.

And I never said Hitler was a hero, just pointed out the fact that his leadership skills were most impressive, certainly of anyone in recent times.

If someone said FDR, Churchhill, Lincoln, Washington, fine, but Mandela? Common.....

Edited by Chaosblade02

LOL, I change my mind.

Sara Palin must be the best leader ever, since she spoke that NK are the US allies :blink: .

Case solved US now stands with NK, China and former Sovjet blog and can nuke the SK bad a;;ses . The world is finally at peace. :devil:

Sorry for the bad joke, couldn´t help it. :P

OBMAMA R BES PREZ!

Just kidding, but to any hardcore democrats or republicans that blindly follow there party, the current president is the best ever (or worst ever).

I have strong liking for the leaders of Ancient Egypt, and the Roman Republic. I can't say much about them, since we don't have a clear understanding about everything that happened in those times.

I would have to say out of all Gandhi, since he brought about major change through peaceful revolution.

Heh, the way we wstern regimes are going, we may aswell clone Nixon. He'd be a huge imrpovement over the current crop of fascists, special interest factions, and idiots that we call our leaders.

Just take a long hard look at the EU and cronies.

I just cannot believe our stupidity.

We've ousted tyrany from our ranks only decades ago, and already we've forgotten all of that and are well on the way to electing people twice as bad.

In America, an "airport security check" could infact, easily be described as sexual assault or even rape.

In France, there has been a recent push to deport the entire Roma ethnic minority.

In Italy, the same group now must be "registered" "because so many of them are criminals"

In Denmark, you've got a raving neonazi demanding a "head-rag tax" be placed upon all Muslims within the country.

In Australia, you've got a political system so far gone from democracy, that the political process has been completely stalled for over a decade.

In England, you've got a group of people seemingly determined to return the nation to the 16th century ideals of that the rich can afford anything, and the poor must live in huts by the thames, what with their planes to triple university fees-which were hardly cheap to begin with.

In Germany, you've got politicians who think that crime can be stopped simply be erasing key human rights, and that violence can be stopped simply by outright banning "violent entertainment"

And in Greece, you've got a nonfunctional "nation" that only still exists because of it leaching the bank account of it's many allies.

Edited by Vindekarr

Boris Yeltsin: the only politician who could actualy make you crack a smile with one of his speaches...

...because he was soused, silly, and a hilarious drunk.

Nonetheless, probably the most interesting politician of my life so far.

Edited by Vindekarr

I see a lot of Hitler and Ghandi mentioned, interesting clash between the two completely different people and worlds.

Let's expand it a bit.

Why Hitler? Aside from establishing the powerful war machine and almost successfully dealing with the whole world on his own, I mean.

What about economy, social matters etc?

And what about Ghandi, aside from the revolution and and his unusual methods in dealing with a foreign repression? Do you think that Ghandi, as he was, could dealt with more complex state problems?

I see that Ghengis Khan found his place here. Why Khan , the the unstoppable Golden Emperor?

Vlad Tepes. Both famous and infamous great Voivode Of Vlahia, he lead his people in most finest victories against the Ottoman tiranny.

Let's hear how he did it and what laws and principles he established.

Churchil is, indeed , one of the most interesting and controversial characters of the 20th century, in every way.

Why him? The list of his deeds is almost endless. What is the key thing on that list which created an attraction to mr Churchil?

General Patton, a hardcore, no nonsense soldier figure, he recovered his army from defeats and brought hard discipline to the same, he outmatched one of the legendary Wehrmacht ice-cold black barons , Erwin Rommel, Desert Fox.

What he did before the war and in the war aside from his Africa counter campaign?

I laughed so much on Boris that I almost cried, totally forgot about the epic moments from his shameful career he had as a russian head of the state. Thank god that Putin came to pull out the land from the most difficult situation in history of Russia.

Except that he brought Russia on it's knees with stealing , corruption , insane moves in political strategy , monetary crisis of epic scales and such, what were his other accomplishments that earned him a name and to be in this thread?

No leader should be positively remembered through war...

That's due to many reasons, one being anyone with a bunch of soldiers and guns can win a fight. If you have the other side out numbered in technology and in numbers, AND you have a good strategy point.

Also, if your a general commanding a army, you did not act alone. You shouted some orders, and gave long distance orders to certain groups. You might of planned some stuff big deal...

Modern war leaders aren't that great, by modern I mean WW1 and up. Now all you have to do is know whats where. You don't have much purpose for strategy. I mean hell, the US didn't even try to win the war with strategy, we just launched a nuke at civilians.

Good leaders don't come from propaganda, lies, and violence. Good leaders come from people who rise from the means of good morals and peace.

That's why I said Gandhi, not because he killed a bunch of people and took over some land. Because he was able to protest against a evil without bloodshed, and did it in ways that were harder then just going out and shooting people.

@DariusM

To expand a little. Strategic both Hitler and Ghandi were unique. They had charisma, a goal and a plan. But once their plans was established, they were done. They would need others to take over the leadership. Hitler could not, he was too paranoid for that, he only trusted himself.

Ghandi was the opposite. He even saw the need for give all cultural and religious branches some admissions. This was his fall that got him killed. But he was wise and unselfish. Rather would he sacrifice himself, than have endless etnic wars after.

As for Hitlers regime, I do not think it would last long anyway. If he had the change to move on, I think I would still speak Danish today. Just have a look at the former Sovjet ( I know they lasted for 70 years), but in this world today it is very difficult to maintain a regime with support from horror, death and oppresion. He would need to trust his leaders, the leaders that would lie to him in fear of being killed if they told some bad news. Just like Saddam Hussein´s regime. He could not even trust his own adviserers, because they were scared of him.

>snip<

In Denmark, you've got a raving neonazi demanding a "head-rag tax" be placed upon all Muslims within the country.

>snip<

LOL, I know Europe is vast and far away. It is Geert Wilders, Freedom Party, Holland. Not Denmark