Riften Border Crash but Riften Fine

Alventiothy

Hi all,

Myself and a friend have recently been attempting to totally overhaul Skyrim through the use of an extreme amount of mods. After a few weeks of testing and editing and sorting and merging etc we have a pretty extensive overhaul (gameplay-wise) that I think changes nearly every aspect of the game and makes playing it feel like new. Naturally it is to our own personal tastes but we were going to publish it somewhere so that it may help other with similar designs and intentions for skyrim in the future.

However...

We've tested the game for many hours and been to most places on the map without a single CTD,

BUT

Neither of us ever play as a thief character or have much time for the city of Riften so purely by chance, we managed to forget about it altogether when testing and just assumed that because everywhere else (literally the other 95% of the map we tested) receives 0 CTD's that it would be fine. SO...I was about to post the modlist and small guide online when I thought bugger it I will go have a mess around in Riften and cause some havok. Problem is....I can't get there.....I enabled borders to display in the Skyrim console and whenever I cross the border within which the Riften City Cell is located, the game immediately crashes to Desktop. Furthermore I have tried this from every angle, approaching from any and all directions and it always crashes immeditaly upon crossing the border.

I have coc'd to Riften and can walk around the actual city itself fine, so there doesn't seem to be a problem with Riften's actual inner city (which at the moment is a merged combination of Dawn Of Riften and Jk's Riften). Does anyone have any clue of what might cause this, or a method of further testing that I may have missed. Naturally I don't expect anyone to want to sift through what is a very very long modlist (it is designed to be for the tutorial). but if anyone might have had similar issues and found a mod responsible then that would be a great help as it will literally takes days maybe even weeks to sift through every single mod in my modlist at the moment (not least because some are merged and edited).

I will post the current list that I muck about on just in case anyone wants a look, but its not the final list for the tutorial i would later be posting online because it only contains the stuff I personally like to playthrough with. I imagine the eventual tutorial will contain 500 plugins merged down to 250 (Not including Graphics mods, which are to each individual persons tastes).

http://modwat.ch/jamtem#/plugins

The list^ is pretty script heavy, but seems to function in most places, though naturally requires a farily decent setup (i7 4790k w/ 980gtx OC).

Thanks for any help provided