Invisible Model Problems in New Vegas

GrillmeisterDX

So I´m trying to modify vanilla armors to fit a different body mesh. Problem is, when trying it out in-game to see how it works, It doesen´t show up at all!

Obviously, I have done SOMETHING wrong either in NifTools or Blender, but since I´m just a simple rookie, I´m basically just hitting my head against the keyboard and hoping for the best. It´s not really working out though, so I could really use some help on this! Very frustrating when you spend several hours fixing something up and then it doesen´t work!

Oh and also, the meatcap will show up even when I haven´t even been gibbed. But I think I solved that issue when I unchecked export meatcaps in Blender. The meatcap meshes still showed up in NifTools though, so are you supposed to uncheck export meatcaps? Have no idea how to get those meatcaps to work properly.

So, thanks in advance for any help and I apologize if this gets asked 109253020634636747 times a day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have one idea of what might be causing you a problem.

So lets say you are using nifscripts 2.5.5, the new one.

U want to export your armor to nif file so u click on fallout 3 for export options and then click on defaults for selected game.

This should work!!!! yea but wait a minute. look over at shader options. yeah u need to have shadowmap selected in there. click that and try exporting.

Now it should be working in geck and not just in nifskope.

• 4 months later...

Hey can one of you PM me, I have a similar problem that I can't get my head around.

I have these new weapons and I couldn't find them in game so I added them to Doc Mitchels house- they come out perfectly on GECK but when I go in game to the Doc's the weapons are not there at all, I don't even mean invisible I mean completely not there.

If it is not a shadow map issue, then the next potential problem is a missing normal map.

Find your diffuse / color map (e.g. colt45.dds) and make sure a normal map exists with it (e.g. colt45_n.dds)

Also make sure the dimensions are correct. You cannot use any dimensions that are not in a power of 2.

Good examples: 256 x 512, 2048 x 2048, 128 x 1024

Bad examples: 500 x 500, 1000 x 512, 812 x 640

Did you enable your esp in the launcher/FOMM?

hahaha...I guess I should have read his question a bit better. I'd say that is his problem. :yes: