Custom Race Mannequins Help

lupicatalum

HP Pavilion, WIndows XP SP 3, 1 gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE, don't remember the processor but it's 3ghz, here.

I think I beat you in the vomiting department. HA! Take that!

Cheers!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The web installer won't work for you Lup because it finds 11 and thinks you're good to go (you don't think those high priced weenies at MS know what they're doing ... do you??). You need to download to a folder and then run the installer from the link I linked.

Your specs aren't that bad (well except the part that gagged you ... in the laptop world you usually get fast"ish" CPU and lame ass graphics, or kickass"ish" graphics and snail slow CPU ... there are machines with good CPU and graphics in one laptop but then the marketing guys who designed the "machines for the unknowing masses" perk up and charge you an extra $500 for the upgrade that costs $25 more to build ... /rant).

Try the DirectX 9.0c thing and if still no joy we'll move on to the file permissions stuff.

- Edit - Oh, and Ike ... I have something special for you over at Blades place ... you'll love it!!

Edited by Striker879

*me wears a WWI gas mask*

I discovered recently that the lower the in-game resolution, the highest the video settings on my machine I can have with better performance. I currently run at 800x600 and look at how amazing screencaps I can take (using Alenet's AA injector, of course).

However, I had to get used to low fps and constant stuttering, and yes, there are lots of appetitous mods I simply cannot use.

My Fiancee likes the Tardis mod

*me turns is gas-mask-covered face to Lupis' fiancee and with a monotonous, lifeless voice, mutters:*

Are you my Mummy?

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast

She got a MAJOR kick out of that. She squeeled with delight while clapping excitedly

Should I maybe try installing DX in compatibility mode? the MS site says DX9.0c isnt supported after xp

Also on a happy note, I AM GETTING A CATALINA MACAW!! :D

Edit: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........the file downloaded from microsoft is still the web installer. i dont see an offline install option. the ms file is only a few kbs. the actual one is almost 100 megs

Edited by lupicatalum

Doctor Who. origin of the Tardis

I also seem to finally have the required DX9.0c Redist. cross your fingers for me

Edit; Fudgeknocker didnt work. this blows. I just want to make a freaking npc not 68 freaking years old! WHY ME? I WOULD HATE MY LIFE IF I WASNT GETTING A PARROT lol

Edited by lupicatalum