Custom Race Mannequins Help

lupicatalum

Lupis, what I meant was, if you try using a Virtual Machine with XP installed, Oblivion will not work in that VM.

And you having a chipset and not an actual video card explains your quite poor video capabilities in-game, and the fact that even my (well, brother in law) turnip of a laptop can handle better graphics than yours.

Striker, now I am too confused, but the fact is, according to Mighty Google, if installing C++ does not fix this missing dll thing, DirectDX 9c should do.

But I'm starting to feel tired, and having to breath through a gas mask is not improving my lucidity.

Cheers!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ... I agree there that both DirctX 9.0c (2010) and MS Visual C++ Redistib need to be working.

I still have this impression that someone had trouble like this and it turned out to be a file permissions issue, even though running as administrator. If I get a chance I'll go digging.

Take care of yourself my friend ... we don't want the old Darth Ike back.

Oh oh ... could be on Striker's neck here (I'm the link guy).

Had a look at this post and I notice in the first reply (yowanvista) a link to an x64 flavour of the C++ Redistrib ... give that one a try Lup (you are running x64, right??).

have it already

I think its gonna take an idiot to fix this. im gonna try microsoft support. theyre gonna tell me they dont know so ill call a voodoo witch doctor. theyll fix it for sure. theyll probably want my first born but its worth it

Edited by lupicatalum

Oh, I thought you asked x64 vs x86 last night and I said x86.

Sometimes it helps to keep in mind you're dealing with an old XP dinosaur (I have a non-gaming Vista POS laptop and have tinkered on the grandkids Win 7 Netbooks and laptops a bit, but cut me and I bleed pure XP 32 bit).

- Edit - And when you check in Windows Explorer the "missing" msvcp100.dll is found where exactly (the folder path)??

Edited by Striker879

IVE MADE PROGRESS!!!! dll error is gone. now I need to run the bat file under administrative priviledges. only problem is, the administrator box in compatibility is greyed out

okay. ran as administrator. cmd screen flashes, then no activity. no error message

Edited by lupicatalum

[CSE] ConstruKction Set Extender "Cretinous Codpiece" v6.1.6.720 Initializing...
[CSE] Checking Versions and Dependencies
[CSE] Editor isn't running with elevated privileges - It must be executed through a user account with administrator privileges
[CSE] This can be done by opening the 'File Properties' dialog for the xSE loader and editor executables and enabling the 'Run this program as an administrator' option from the 'Compatibility' tab

Launch CSE.bat

Hmm ... reading down that thread a bit further and Alejandro85 says you need to install both the x86 and x64 packages (and further down you see that fixed the OP's problem).