Custom Race Mannequins Help

lupicatalum

I just installed COBL actually. I dont quite understand it as of yet but im working on it. As far as the tileset, I am not really sure. thats why I mainly wanted to learn how to do it in blender and nifscope but i tried for quite a while to figure it out and failed horribly. the mod id like to make is just a housing mode with a stupid amount of mannequins, a static set of alchemy apparati, a displayable book sorter like the ones in the armory lab mod but with my own bookshelves meshed and textured in blender/nifcope, A displayable scroll sorter that utilizes morrowind style wine racks to hold the scrolls (displayable like the books) and id like to script display cases to place the items they are meant for by clicking them like an alchemy sorter yet still able to take back the items like a mannequin

Edit: to clarify about the display cases, for example: a display case labled "Iron Armor" that places a max of 1 piece of each piece of iron armor in a preset location inside the case

Edit2: I am a horder and a completionist. I.e........This game is a nightmare

Edited by lupicatalum

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, about Blender, I have a very basic understanding and skillset on it. I can model simple things, edit and modify existing meshes, adjust rigging, bake textures... nothing impressive. But right now my bro-in-law laptop collapses in agony if I try to launch Blender.

Texturing... well, let's forget about creating new textures on my owh. Striker saw the results on my attempt to create a scales chainmail for my Abysmers. The fact that he pretends he has not seen it and refuses to even aknowledge its existence is indicator enough to have an idea about my success.

Yep, I saw your "Mentor Wanted", but since I was already here tearing your sanity in small pieces, did not feel the necessity to do the same there, and my absence in that post will allow other modders to answer there instead of running away in terror and shrieks as soon as they see my name in the Replies.

Now gonna go stuff my snout into the paella my bro-in-law is cooking right now. See ya later!

Cheers!

I just tried to use free to use textures for tilesets I found online. I just dont know anything beyond placing the image after setting up collision. if I can figure out the whole uv mapping and how to export correctly from blender and how to correctly use nif scope, ill be golden. a tileset is much easier than trying to make armor lol. flat surfaces. thats it

Ike, your texture is lightyears ahead of anything I could possibly cobble together. I wouldn't even know where to start, never mind how to get to where you are. I have faith that any shortcoming you perceive it has will be overcome.

Lup, I have a couple of Emma's house mods that have a "loaded" weapons rack that acts as a container (but their appearance doesn't change when you put stuff in, same as a regular container). Is that what you're thinking of?

Nope. I want to use empty display cases that fill when you click them. actually, scrap that. cant mix and match that way and to put modded things in them, id have to create new displays for each one. i wonder if it is possible to set positions in the display cases for equipment based on body part. head here, hands there etc.

Edit: Basically, the goal here is to make something that is "my own" as possible. obviously, there are things that serve literally no purpose to remake as is the case with the manneequins and the alchemy sorter, or things i could make my own but serve no purpose because they are great as they are (fountains, Display cases etc.). I just want to make something that I love and that others havent seen before and will appreciate (Who wouldnt love an auto display for those pesky scrolls?)

Edited by lupicatalum

You've ventured far far above my paygrade there Lup.

I really like the idea though. You need a scripting wizard like Maskar, or maybe even a coder like Alenet (my gut says there are game engine limitations to overcome, otherwise these ideas would have already been done).

Make mods for your own enjoyment, without thought of others. Then if you decide to share with the world there will be at least one user who is totally satisfied with your mod.

The road to fame and fortune is a rocky tortuous one, and often the view from the top disappoints.

I understand and I am first and formost building this for myself...I just want to help other people have fun as well

For now at least, I have decided to instead make a central room similar to the testing hall and have each door lead to a room with an equipment type with enough mannequins to hold every weapon of that type. give me a vanilla armor/weapon to start with will ya?

Edit: Just gonna use the Ayleid block 1 for the floors, walls andd ceilings for now lol

Edited by lupicatalum