Custom Race Mannequins Help

lupicatalum

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience following NPCs I've created says you have a lot of connections that will never be used.

Take for example that first branching when coming in from the bottom. NPCs will always go from the doorway to the first node straight ahead, and then will go to either the node straight ahead of that or one of the first two nodes to the right or left. Even if they eventually go to the nodes at the extreme left or right they will always go to the closest nod first, then the next node.

Your connection from that second node up that goes diagonally all the way to the far left/right will never be used. To get them to use that diagonal you will need to place another node part way along the long diagonal, but if it's not closer to the center node than those two inner nodes you have there now they'll still use the one that's closer.

Any connection to a node that is farther than the closest node will be ignored.

Open the console and click him to get his refID shown at the top of the screen and then go to the other cell. Open the console again and with his refID still shown up top "moveto player" (without the quote marks).

Can't say for sure ... I know that his packages ... shall we say "stray" from the normal.

Also could be just as simple as he has an eat or drink package and nothing to eat/drink or nowhere to sit. I stopped using CMs ages ago.

For testing I'd use a simple NPC I created and dropped into one of the cells. Only give them a single wander current location package and just use the console command "addscriptpackage 9828a" to have them follow you to another cell (followed by "removescriptpackage 9828a" once you are at the new cell). If a cell doesn't have a load door yet then "moveto player".

I like to know and limit the variables that may affect testing.