Custom Race Mannequins Help

lupicatalum

Lupis, I couldn't find documentation regarding this, but I have the theory that NPC, and Companions, can "detect" if a loading door in the cell they are currently can lead them to somewhere convenient for their AI packages. Alroy needed a place to sleep and went to the barracks (it was BEFORE I recruited him the first time: I looked for him at the Great Hall where I had placed him, and he wasn't there. I had an inspiration and entered the barracks and sure he was there.

Cethlenn practices archery where she wants to. That's why I found so surprising when she went to the barracks.

The more complete and complex your pathgrid is, the less likely Companions will get lost in the Vault, by the way. But also the more likely they will be able to cross loading doors.

Cheers!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike plays with Cethlenn, Alroy and Ryan in a different time zone ... probably messes with them big time ... sorry, couldn't resist Ike. I must confess I didn't spend an awful lot of time with them beyond testing. Before I started fuffing up my houses with my own NPCs I used to use the vanilla CMs for the job ... never had a one go walkabout on me.

Don't feel bad Ike. Good thing the things I say here in the privacy of the Striker Manor don't broadcast (gosh never thought about that ... hope that mic wasn't plugged in). And you're right ... Alroy was trying to woo Narina and Ryan was more interested in a certain Goblin's toys ... it's all coming back.