Custom Race Mannequins Help

lupicatalum

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case pay attention to your pathgridding (so they don't try to walk over things and make a mess ... all companions excel at that). When you are cluttering the more things that are statics the less mess companions can make.

I only know about CM Companions, but as far as I understand, most Followers share the same behaviour, so the best practice is believing they will go anywhere they can if left on their own. Pathgridding is essential so they can move freely around and don't get stuck in some spot.

But as we said, we will work on this piece of the mod later. The first thing we need is having the whole Citadel finished and pathgridded. In order to have a Companion-friendly pathgrid, we need to have the cells cluttered to their final state.

For pathgridding, all you need to put on your cell are the statics (furniture, statues, non-movable objects). Leave the decoration and movable objects for the final step, once pathgridding is finished. If you started already to add decoration (vases, dishes, books, et al), leave them but don't add more for now.

So, my advice for right now: just focus on building the citadel. Put the furniture and statics. Don't worry about doors and decoration, we will move to them once you feel you don't need to add anything more.

I need to go to bed now, pals. Tomorrow will be interesting to follow your advancements from this point on.

'Nights!

Cheers!

I haven't placed anything movable and won't until the end. I probably won't place many movables in the barracks. The Akaviri soldiers were expected to have everything put away (thank god. Can you imaging decorating 1500 rooms?) Each room has a bed, dresser, desk, chair and chest. All their crap can be stored there lol

Back when I used to use CMs as "fluff" for my houses I never had any issues with them leaving the cell I left them in. Most times if I was leaving them in one of my houses I'd tell them to Stay here. If I was leaving them in some common area (like an Inn) I'd give them the Breakup treatment. Either way they'd stay put.

I did leave a few of the essential CMs along the roadways with a Breakup. As they executed their packages (looking for somewhere to sleep or sit to eat) they'd wind up wandering from where I'd left them. Made it kind of interesting to see where they'd wind up next time your trails crossed.

Ike's Ryan seems to be the exception that proves the rule. Maybe Ike performed some sort of Satanic rites at his conception ... most definitely not your normal CM that one.

Finally! Ten cells and 1500 beds, dressers, chairs, desks and chests later, barracks architecture and statics are complete! Time to back this up in case disaster strikes

Edit: Aside from the scripting issue, I have not had a single issue with CSE, Even after using a gig worth of ram in a single cell (Had all ten cells of the barracks in a single cell just to see what would happen). Is this just luck or is CSE just that good?

Edited by lupicatalum

Hey, Lupis!

Indeed the CSE is that good. It really improves the CS stability, but looks like your rig is also a very stable one. Because even with all the improvement in performance and stability the CSE brings, what you have achieved

is

not

normal.

I'm jealous.

Cheers!

I may have a fairly simple way to keep the extra wings blocked off. I do want to have a questline attached to the citadel. After said questline, I can just have an end quest requiring the user to obtain necessary upgrades. Have to at least have the place cleaned after millennia being filled with rot. I can just warn the player in the readme that if they use companions, unless they need space not to get barracks wings 2-10

EDIT: With pathgridding. Does it need to be super complex?

Edited by lupicatalum

Whoa, looks really good, as you hay, hive-like, interesting and not boringly lineal.

About pathgridding, no, it doesn't need to be "super-complex", but "super-complete".

You could even let the CSE creating the path for you, and once it is done, edit it to suit your necessities, adding or removing nodes as needed.

The idea is letting NPCs to know HOW to go from point A to poit B avoiding obstacles. So, the more COMPLETE, but at the same time, the more SIMPLE, the path grid is, the better. Let's see an example:

X-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X

This is a SIMPLE, but NOT COMPLETE, path.

X----------------------X--------------------------X-------------------------X-----------------------X

This is a SIMPLE AND COMPLETE path. Even if the in-between nodes have no ramifications, it's better to have "stop points" along a lengthy path.

Open any interior cell, for instance a medium or large Ayleid dungeon, turn on Pathgrid and have a look on how vanilla pathgridding is.

Actually, all what is needed to create a good pathgrid is common sense. Use the pathgrid to tell NPCs how to move around your interiors, that's all.

Cheers!