Alistair dead? A bug?

neetme

Hey,

I haven't taken Alistair with me for the final battle against the Archdemon.

I left him to defend the gates.

Afterwards i found out he is dead?! No specific entry in the journal at all.

But he is not there and Anora mentions his death.

Is this a bug or normal story progress if you hadn't taken Alistair for the final with you?!

Thanks

Hey,

Is this a bug or normal story progress if you hadn't taken Alistair for the final with you?!

Thanks

Might depend on what happens at the Gates. Also might depend on whether or not you're putting Anora on the Throne solo.

I frequently leave him at the Gates during my own games have never had him die there, but I also never let Anora rule alone.

Hey,

Thanks

Wow! I've never encounter that although I frequently leaves him behind to defend the gate. Did you sucessfully defended the gate? Did you control Alistair when the gate under attack? Did you check on all your members at the gate before you meet Riordan's messenger? If any of your members fall, they might not get up if you are too far.

So it may be a bug then...hmmm

Of course i did defend the gates successfully and Alistair was the group leader. I made Anora the Queen (and me her husband)

Because there is also no update regarding the journal.

Meh, that's too much work to play through the final stage again.

I wonder what happens now in Awakening which i am about to start. I also wonder whether i should get that mod so that i can transfer all my items to Awakening (which seems a bit bugged...).

Does Alistair appears in Awakening even though he has not become king?

...I wonder what happens now in Awakening which i am about to start. I also wonder whether i should get that mod so that i can transfer all my items to Awakening (which seems a bit bugged...).

Does Alistair appears in Awakening even though he has not become king?

Nope. Only direct appearance in DA:A by anyone from DA:O other than a certain drunken dwarf, (oh, and the Warden of course!) is an early cameo by whoever is the Monarch of Ferelden. One scene, maybe a half-dozen lines. That's it. :turned:

Anora said Alistair was dead in one of my playthroughs when he wasn't. I too was her Consort and I too did the Dark Ritual but I took Alistair with me to the Archdemon. Alistair was standing in his usual place pretty close to her so I didn't think much of it. There are several places in the game where the characters ignore what is happening and spout random lines, especially towards the end.

Now that I think about it it was when I asked that the Wardens sacrifices shouldn't be forgotten that she mentioned Alistair's death (and how she was going to make a statue of him). Had I asked for another boon there wouldn't have been anything odd which would explain why few have experienced this (it is the lamest boon).

Edited by Hjaaalmar